of pity and hate

it doesn't have to get this far,

it can simply just be like the old days,

but that's not what you want

M A D D I E

"Finn you know better than to do things for revenge."

Deep inside, I was hopeful that I would be able to reach out to him. To talk to him like old times' sake and convince him that this was not the way to go.

Maybe he could listen to me. I mean we were still a part of each other's lives. We have been together at the hardest times and there's no way he can just discard all those years right?

Maybe there's still hope for him.

Finn looked irritated now and he spat on the ground. The scent in the air changed and I suspected that he must be calling some Strays in and so I also readied myself.

"You don't know anything Maddie. They took everything away from me, I'm only doing the same. It's the rule of our kind."

"It's not the end, Finn. You can start over."

He chuckled bitterly and shook his head. I could see the army of Strays that were rising behind him.

"Quite hypocritical of you to be giving me this talk. Didn't you come here to get revenge?"

I stopped and remembered. What he said was true. I am here for revenge.

I couldn't help but smile sadly as I tied my hair up. "That's true. But I was also hoping that I could see you change."

Right after I said that, Finn was laughing as if what I said was the most comical thing I ever said.

Strays have already gathered behind him. An army of them.

I closed my eyes and focused for a moment. This was something Hannah taught me before she left and something Hazel helped me to improve while she stayed longer.

When I opened them back, I was in my warrior state. I was here as both me and Dynamí.

My skin was paler, the astral glow was there. I knew that my eyes have already changed to that of a glowing crescent.

Finn's eyes widened, but he quickly recovered.

"So it was true." he whispered, but I heard him.

I set up a barrier just around myself and grabbed my daggers that I had by my side thigh. Come to think of it, this dagger was given by Finn and now I have to use it on him. Life really is amusing.

Without warning, the unnatural rogues came at me attacking me at every side. Like the first time that I fought against them, they were mostly weak and lacked skills in the battle.

They were soulless beings programmed to fight the enemy that they were commanded to attack. The problem was that they were never ending especially I was in their turf, of course there would be no end to them.

I noticed that Finn was out of sight and with only a quick look around, I saw him casually sipping a cup from his front porch. What the--

He's really having coffee while I'm fighting for my life. But anyhow, I have to do this fast.  I'm still unstable in my warrior state and I've never really tested how long I can be in this state.

I fought the Strays for quite a long time when I realized that the longer we were fighting, they seemed to be adjusting with my fighting style. Not to mention, I started to notice that most of them were the same ones designed to fight me.