Neko Kai? And playtime- Chapter 4

Next day:

"Kai?" You said, you are sitting on his lap, holding your (favorite animal) plush toy. "Yes?" Overhaul replied.

"Can we buy a cat?" You asked. "Oh..." Overhaul said. You looked up at him with a lot of hope in your eyes. "(y/n), I would like to, but it will be dangerous for the cat. I mean, if our Yakuza gets attacked...We have to protect ourselves and...yeah. You know what I mean." Overhaul said. You whined. "We can protect a cat! It's a cat, if you can protect me, you can protect one cat too!" You protested.

"We'll get very attached to it and I don't want our hearts getting broken when something bad happens to it." Overhaul said. "...Fine..." You mumbled.

"Going to and helping zoo's, animal shelters and other places is good, right? That way we can still play with animals." Overhaul said. You hesitated, but then nodded.

You suddenly gasped after a few seconds after an idea came to your mind.

"Act like a cat!" You shouted. "You gotta be kidding me..." Overhaul said. "Nope." You said and snickered. "Nya~?" Overhaul said, making a cat-like noise. He decided to play along with you just for a little while...

You giggled and clapped your hands amused. You petted his head and waited for him to purr. He hesitated, but purred. You laughed. "Kitty! Kai + Kitty is...Kaitty? Kaitty!" You said.

"You even made a cat nickname for me...I mean, nya~." Overhaul said. You laughed. "Now it's your turn." Overhaul said with a hint of innocent amusion in his voice. You shook your head: 'No'.

"Come on, even I did it." Overhaul said. He made you lay in his lap. "Meow~! Nya~!" You said. Overhaul laughed. You kicked with your 'paws' in the air. "What a cute cat. I don't need to get a real one." Overhaul said and played with your hair, until you sat up.

"Can I play with Eri?" You asked. "...No, you know what happened last time." Overhaul replied. "But I already apologized! It won't happen again!" You protested. "I know, but she'll tell you lies and fill your brain with nonsense. I don't want you to become like her." Overhaul said. You sighed. "Then you have to play with me." You responded.

"Fine, what do you want to do? Wanna play Shogi?" Overhaul asked. "No, you really like Shogi. I'm not good at it." You responded. "You can become better. What I like most about Shogi is that you can use your opponent's pieces." Overhaul replied.

"We can play tag or hide- and seek!" You said excited. He smiled an eyes closed smile at you.

"But will you get scared if we play in a dark room?" Overhaul asked. "Uhmm, no!" You responded. "Are you sure?" Overhaul asked. "No..." You responded again. He chuckled. "Rules, we have ten minutes. I can go up to a certain distance from my counting spot, a table. If you come and tap the table where I'm counting, you win. If I see you, I win. If time's up and you and I both didn't win, we both lose." Overhaul said. You nodded.

You two went to an other room, a place where you can play hide and seek very good. "I'll count. Ten, nine, eight..." Overhaul said, closing his eyes and counted.

You tried to find a good hiding place. You looked around and decided to hide behind a couch.

"Three, two, one..." Overhaul said. He looked at the clock.

You changed your hiding place two times, Overhaul didn't caught you. "Now, come out. Time's almost over." Overhaul said.

When he didn't look, you secretly got closer to him. You was about to tap the table, but Overhaul turned around. "Got you." He said and lifted you up. "So close!" You whined.

"Now you count, I hide." Overhaul said. You smiled excited, closed your eyes and started counting while Overhaul hid.

"Okay! Kai! Where are you~?!" You shouted. You looked around, making sure to pay attention to your surroundings.

Minutes passed and you didn't find him while he kept changing places and got closer to you. "Ugh, hey...Are you even moving?!" You said. You looked around, suddenly you saw a hand on the table which startled you. You looked up, Kai. "Nooooooo!" You complained. "I won, fair." Overhaul said. "Were you even moving?" You asked. "Of course I did. I changed my hiding spot over ten times." Overhaul said. "What?!" You said surprised. He laughed a little.

"Now we're gonna play tag!" You said. "Okay, I'm 'it'." Overhaul said. "Yes." You said while smiling. "You're not going to cry if I make it scary, hm? It's only acting, though." Overhaul said. "Hmmmm, okay." You said. "If you tap the table over there, you win. If I touch you, I win. When I tell you 'Game's over', the game will stop and the acting will be over." Overhaul said.

"Here I come~!" Overhaul said after he was done with counting. He walked around, you heard his footsteps. He suddenly turned the lights off. 'Wait what?!' You thought, feeling a little uneasy.

"You said you didn't mind, huh? Well then..." Overhaul said, his voice sending shivers down your spine. He spoke in a different tone than usual, it was more...intimidating.

"Where is my (y/n)~." Overhaul cooed. 'Kai is being scary...Well he said it's only acting...but still, I don't want it. Should I tell him to stop?- No, I'll lose then.' You thought.

"Come out, (y/n)." Overhaul said. You accidentally pushed a chair, making noise. Overhaul looked up. When he walked towards your hide spot, you stood up and ran. Overhaul walked towards you, he could run and get you easily, but he was just innocently playing around with you. Don't take him wrong, he doesn't have any bad intentions for you. He thought this game would be fun and you agreed with it, so he thought it was fine. He didn't know you didn't like it at all now.

"Don't run away, my kitten~. Or I'll lock you up in a room, forever. I won't let you go~!" Overhaul said and laughed crazily. He ran after you. You squeled when he grabbed your arm and pushed you against him.

"Now I have you, (y/n)~" He whispered. "Stop!" You screamed and cried.

"What?" Overhaul said. "Stop it!" You shouted. "Hey, hey, don't cry. Game's over, okay? I'm sorry." Overhaul said. He turned the lights on.

You sniffed. "Sorry (y/n), I didn't know I scared you. You said it was fine, right?" Overhaul said. "I-I di-didn't like it." You said and wiped your tears away.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." Overhaul said. He hugged you. "You were scary..." You mumbled. "Sorry, I won't do it again." Overhaul said and petted your head.

You two played tag again, this time normally and fun for both of you.