Chapter 22

My oh my, that last chapter threw me for a loop, how about you guys? 🤣😭🥺

I cannot thank you guys enough! You all are so amazing and it's surprising how fast the book is going up in votes and your beautiful comments that I love reading. I love how into the story you guys are😭💕

Okay, okay, okay, I just love talking to you guys, I'm so appreciative. I'll let you get back to reading😊💕

************************************************

Cassidy

Cassidy got there early just to see Michael. The class was opened, but Michael wasn't there yet. She came in through the opened door and marched up the steps, taking a seat in the second row. She got her books and notes out, going over her homework since she had the time.

Michael walked in and smiled cheekily at Cassidy. "Good morning. Early bird catches the worm, I admire that." He said before setting his things down on the counter and desk in front of him, looking through the pile of crap like he was missing something. He shook it off and looked up at Cassidy again, prompted up by stiff arms against the tabletop she rarely sat at. Cassidy had no words, she sat there and smiled back at him. She opened her book and was waiting for everyone to come in. Nobody was there yet, still a bit too early for normal people to be getting to class.

Michael sifted through paperwork before the sound of footsteps in heels made their way into the classroom. "Michael, you left your lunch at home, I thought I would just bring it for you. I know you have a long day ahead of you." The mysterious woman said. She was beautiful, cherry red hair, a few wrinkles, but beautiful skin, a wide smile and nice teeth. Her outfit picked out carefully, a trench coat with a pair of green high heels.

"Renee... Thank you." He said, she kissed him on the cheek and looked directly at Cassidy in the rows of empty desks. She shrugged her shoulders most likely thinking it was quite empty class from what he told her. She walked out and Cassidy watched her leave around the corner down the hall.

"So, you are married?" Cassidy said. She was speechless earlier, but now she was curious. He told her he was divorced and he pawned the ring, yeah, she remembered that day regardless of how drunk she was.

"In the process of getting a divorce." He said, setting his lunch down on the counter with a sigh. "Why, does she make you jealous." He smirked and walked back to his desk after putting his lunch away into the mini fridge in his office.

"I don't want to get involved with a married man." Cassidy said, cocking her eyebrow. Among the many things she was or might be, she wasn't a home wrecker and nor would she ever be. She wasn't into married men, but then again, every man she's ever been with was in a different relationship or even just if it was a one-time thing.

"Trust me, I don't want to be involved with her either." He smiled and Cassidy tried to hold her smile back, but she failed. He looked up at her in the second row and really looked at her; mesmerized by her. He smiled and opened his mouth to speak, but all that came out was a slight stutter, "so do you always answer the door in your underwear?"

After his question came out, Cassidy gave an innocent smile with an intimidating glare, just as another student walked in, headphones blaring. She didn't know what would have happened if that student wasn't wearing headphones. They could both be in serious trouble and Cassidy never wanted that. Cassidy looked up at him and blushed. The student sat down in the first row and took his headphones out. The class was weirdly quieter with only one extra person in the midst. She smiled at Michael and Michael sneaked a smile back at her. They both broke off their sight and went back to what they were doing definitely not before the other student came in.