Chapter 24

Don't forget to tell me what you think of the book so far! Vote and follow me if you are enjoying it, I ALWAYS follow back💕💕

Okay! Thank you and ilysm, enjoy the rest of the story.

************************************************

Cassidy

Please just accept me. Cassidy stood there, all eyes were on her, she knew she had to go through with it now. She smiled over at Lainey as she stared at Cassidy in confusion. This was her time to prove to Lainey that she loved her, and she was there for her, without actually saying it to her. "I like men... and women. I've heard this term before, but I'm pretty sure I'm Bi-sexual."

Most of the table dropped their forks and Lainey somehow, didn't see that coming as she choked on her food. It was a hard thing for the people who loved her. Including her mother, who was heavily catholic her entire life, she wouldn't understand it, she never expected her to. Cassidy was okay with being shunned from her family if that meant she got to spend the rest of her life not living a lie.

"I have no words." Cassidy's mother said. This is what she was afraid of. Her mother excluding her from the family, basically exiling her, but it wasn't already like that hadn't happened.

"Mom... I know this is hard. But I kept it for so long, I was afraid to tell you guys, because I thought I would lose you, and I didn't want that." Cassidy squeezed out without crying. She swallowed the hard lump in her throat, holding back tears. She sat down and continued to eat while everyone except her mother smiled back at her.

"Cass, I've loved you in all of your mistakes in our 13 years of friendship, and you've really fucked up in life." Her best friend, Evan laughed, a few other friends followed. "But I think on the behalf of us, we either knew or we don't care, because it doesn't change who you are and we still love you to death." Evan got up and hugged her tightly.

"Thank you..." Cassidy smiled and hugged him back. "If that's how you guys feel, thank you. It makes me a little less stressed and nervous."

Cassidy's mother got up from the table and excused herself. She grabbed her coat and walked outside and Cassidy's sister followed her out, trying to get her to come back to the table. Lainey got up from the table and went into her room. Shutting the door softly behind her. Cassidy and her friends sat at the table and talked and drank wine until midnight. The night faded away into laughter with her friends, and this is exactly what Cassidy needed that night.

~~~

Cassidy woke up groggy the next morning, she wasn't exactly hung over, just tired. She debated whether or not she wanted to go to class, but she definitely wanted to see Michael. After last night, it was obvious Lainey didn't want to see any kind of sign from Cassidy, and in the moment of seeing her only attempt, she walked away from her. Cassidy got dressed. She put on her matching lavender lace panties and bra and covered it with her uniform, the even smaller skirt and her school button up, but left the top buttons undone.

When she got to school, people watched her as she passed by. She was only there to impress one person in particular. She was nearly late to class trying to redo her makeup. She walked in five minutes after the bell rang and made her way through the people in the rows of seats, her back side facing Michael, hoping she would flash him in front of everyone. She took her seat and checked the time while grabbing her book. 8:36am.

Michael coughed and regained the attention of stragglers, still staring at Cassidy. "As I was saying..." Michael went on about the lesson. Cassidy sat and watched him teach, staring at the way he filled his trousers. For someone who had a few grey hairs, he wasn't in too bad of shape. Cassidy chewed on her pen each time he scanned the room, his eyes always fixated on her for a little bit.