Layla looked out the window, watching the beautiful scenery of her beloved city, Lahore, a beautiful smile adoring her lips

Layla looked out the window, watching the beautiful scenery of her beloved city, Lahore, a beautiful smile adoring her lips. The sky was clear and the sun was shining brightly.

She had lived in the States as a child but moved here at the age of 12 with the rest of her family.

She had three older brothers. Ali, being the oldest, Abdullah and then Faizan, the youngest. Whereas some people may think that having older brothers is living hell, Layla thought the exact opposite. Since she was born, her brothers took great care of her. They never let her come in harms way. Her whole family treated her like a princess, and she was thankful for that. Even Saima Bhabi, Ali Bhai's wife. They both were expecting their second child.

Abdullah had been in the states for the past 2 years, studying law there. The last time she had seen him was on Eid a few months back. Of all her brothers, Abdullah was her favorite. He was the perfect definition of the perfect brother. He would take her wherever she wanted to go, whenever she wanted to go. They would drive around the lively city of Lahore in the middle of the night, buying snacks and eating ice cream. And although he was in the states, he would always make time for his baby sister and ask her how she was doing. He would also quite regularly send her presents.

Now don't get her wrong, she loves her brothers a lot but Abdullah was favored just a tad bit more.

Even though she was showered with love and care, Layla was never a brat. Her mother had taught her do's and don'ts as a child, wanting her to stay on the right path.

A soft knock on her door brought her out of her thoughts.

"Come in,"

Ayesha, their maid, stepped in the room, giving her bibi a soft smile. "Layla bibi, apke waldain apko bhularaye hain," she said.

(Miss Layla, your parents are calling you)

"Acha, I'm coming," I replied. Ayesha nodded, and left the room, closing the door gently behind her.

(Ok)

Sighing softly, Layla picked up her dupatta and wrapped it around herself.

Today, a few of her Baba's friends were coming over. Apparently they had gone to college together and hadn't seen each other a long time. Layla had met them, but she was way to young at the time to remember. She had been 5 at the time.

She opened the door of her room and walked down the long hallway. Her father had inherited this huge house from his parents. She smiled, thinking of her grandparents that had unfortunately passed away when she was in her teenage years. She walked down the stairs and entered the living room.

She looked up to see the Shah's smiling softly at her.

•••• ••• ••••

"I don't care," his voice echoed around the room. "Get it fixed now, or else none of you will ever be employed in your life ever again." His deathly voice made a shiver run down everyone's spine.

"Fucktards," he thought to himself. "What are you all waiting for?! Get back to work," with a mutters of 'yes sir' they all quickly filed out the room.

Zayn let out a sigh and leaned back in his chair. His company had almost lost a million dollar deal because of his employees stupidity. He had been under a lot of stress lately. His parents wanted him to find a girl and get settled, but that was definitely not in Zayn's agenda. He didn't need someone to take care of him. He didn't need the burden of some random girl.

He let out a sigh again and faced the paperwork in front of him. "I still have 3 more stacks?" He questioned himself. He let out a sigh, again, and got to work.

A few ours later, Zayn had finally finished all his paperwork. He checked the time to it was around 8:30. He got up, cleaning up all his mess and walked out his office.

Zayn arrived home to be greeted with his parents sitting on the dining table, a bright smile plastered on both their faces. He froze for a minute, wondering what was going on. He knew the both of them were up to no good.

"Zayn, beta, hurry up and change and come down for dinner," his mother said, excitement evident in her tone.

(Son)

Still confused, he just nodded his head and walked up the stairs. After changing into comfortable clothes, he came downstairs headed straight towards the dining room, like his mother had asked. After having a seat, he started pouring the daal in for himself and grabbed a piece of roti and started eating.

He looked up to see his mother staring at him.

He sighed and then asked "What's going on?"

His mother then broke the news. The news he had been dreading.

"We finally found the perfect bride for you," she exclaimed. Mrs. Shah couldn't handle her excitement. It was a dream come true for her. "Your Nikah will be held next Friday!" She once again exclaimed.

Zayn was in shock. He couldn't believe his ears. His mother picked out a bride for him already? And he was getting married next Friday?!

"I refuse. This is absurd. I told I didn't want to get married anytime soon. I already told you this!" His voice echoed throughout the house. He was enraged. How could they do this?!

"Zayn Ali Shah, don't you dare talk to your mother like that ever again. Am I understood?" His fathers voice boomed. Zayn looked at his mother only to meet a face with hurt lacing it. He instantly regretted his words.

"I said am I understood?" His dad once again repeated, his voice firm.

"Gee, Baba," Zayn replied.

(Yes dad)

"Good and remember beta I can always take the company back, whenever I want to. Don't forget." His father threatened.

"Great," he thought to himself. His father threatened him with the only thing precious to him. The company.

"You will go shopping with your mom and you will get married to Layla. Am I understood?" His father once again asked.

"Yes" he replied.

And just like that his fate was sealed.

•••• ••• ••••

Omg someone needs to teach me how to write properly in Urdu 😓

Anyways please remember to vote!!

Love you guys.