2. Fear Of Rejection

~Hooriyah

~Hooriyah

Another loud thunderous burst could be heard threatening a dangerous downpour once again.

This weather was going to take my life any second! I was falling in love with this soothing sound of blissful rain.

This magic spell was unbreakable indeed.

But some things are meant to be broken! So was my trance.

.
.
.
.
.

"Shehroze Ali Khan! I don't believe my ears, you are coming back to Pakistan today!"
Baba rubbed his temples with excitement while a great sparkle of happiness danced through his weak eyes.

It seemed as if he was going to start dancing with joy any second.

I stood there frozen.

Emotionless.

Speechless.

They were coming back.

He was coming back.

After 18 years!

"Alizeh is getting married? MashaAllah, MashaAllah! Why not? Of course we will attend the wedding, after all its our princess's big day!"
Baba laughed once again.

Alizeh was getting married?

This was the most beautiful news of my life.

My childhood best buddy was getting married.

She grew up so fast, indeed.

"Hoor, Alizeh wants to talk to you, come quickly!" Baba chirped with excitement.

"Ehm ehm!" Iman teased while earning a harsh punch from me on her arm.

" Assalam u alaikum Alizeh!" I stammered.

There was pin drop silence on the other end which made me feel curious.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Hoo-ooooo-riiiiii-yaaaaaaaaah"

Alizeh yelled at the top of her lungs making me jump from my position.

Her extremely deafening voice was enough to completely damage my ear drum.

"My love!!! How are you my jaaaaaaan, my munchkin, my muffin my gulab jamun, my chumchum, my snowball, my barbieeeeeeeee"

She blessed me with as many beautiful names as possible.