9. An unpleasant stranger

~Hooriyah

~Hooriyah

The icy cold marble floor sparkled with immense spirituality while the tall red bricked walls and roofs which were beautifully carved with Arabic verses, flaunted their purely ancient Asian design which further sprinkled Divine Mercy wherever my astonished gaze fell.

The perfectly designed domes and Minar of the Mosque brewed more magic in the already blissful air.

Badshahi Mosque was one of the most beautiful Mosques in our country. And it was always my dream to visit this legendary monument, which I had only seen in the pictures before.
Thankfully, Alizeh came with me to fulfill this heartfelt wish of mine for which I had been insisting her since two days after her bridal shower.

It felt so peaceful after praying here as if Allah's Noor and Mercy was directly being bestowed upon my sinful soul.

"Hooriyah!" Alizeh interrupted my peaceful thoughts.

"Hmm..?"

"Make sure that you do your Nikkah ceremony in Badshahi Mosque! Okay?" She grinned satanically as my eyes popped out with amazement.

"Shut up, let's leave now!" I tried hard to stop myself from blushing.

As soon as we got free from the Zuhr prayers, we headed back towards the house where lots of guests and Alizeh's relatives were expected to arrive today.

...............................

I finally laid down on my bed as the tiredness produced layers of sweet but clumsy pain throughout the sore muscles and tendons of my body, but not willing to have a nap right now, I decided to fetch my sketchbook out and start sketching.

Sketching was my most favorite hobby and I would spend hours and hours while sketching whatever I dearly loved or adored.

Lost in my tranquil thoughts while professionally striking the charcoal pencil across the paper, I failed to notice the changing hues of the magical weather outside. It was getting darker and more darker by every passing minute which was actually threatening a heavy downpour!