32. Stand by me

~Shahveer

~Shahveer

"Nervous Breakdown!"

The voice of a Doctor, who looked young ,handsome and very professional, echoed in the empty corridors of the hospital which were emanating a strong, pungent smell of bleach, making me feel sick to the core.

"What? " My horror-filled eyes widened with shock.

"She had been suffering from nervous breakdown since many years. I don't understand that why did she suffer from another anxiety attack all of a sudden although she was recovering from this illness and her health was getting much better ."

The doctor looked at me with curiosity, while I chose to remain silent as his words were slowly tearing my flesh apart, making me want to curse myself.

"Is it something related to you Mr. Shahveer? I have never seen you in this village before."

He eyed me suspiciously.

"I...I actually, I don't know..." I stammered.

"Mr. Shahveer. I want you to be careful in this matter. She had suffered through several anxiety and panic attacks, some of them were extremely life-threatening. But within past few months, she was improving. Now this is an alarming situation that her health has started to deteriorate once again. Please don't give her any sort of stress or shocks which can cause her pain. She had been through a lot, and I don't want her to suffer anymore!"

He stared at me with anger, indirectly warning me to stay away from her.

Who was he? And why was he so much concerned for Hooriyah?

"By the way, I am Dr. Hammad Gillani and I have been looking after Hooriyah's mental health condition since five years. We are very close friends and if something makes me feel that it could harm her health, I immediately wipe it away from her path. I hope you understand very well."

He lowered his voice while giving me a cold sarcastic stare, answering my unasked questions very professionally.

Paying no attention to his eccentric attitude, I mustered up some courage to speak,

"I want to meet her, right now!"

I stared back at him with confidence.

"You can't, she is asleep. Let her live in peace! I'm sure she doesn't want to meet you now."

He protested, making me want to punch him hard.

"Well I never asked for your opinion and nobody asked you if she wants to meet me or not. I will figure it out myself. Thanks!"

Without giving a damn to this idiot, I pushed the door open and entered the room where she was lying peacefully. Having no right to stop me, he had to let me in, and it was for his own good.

The room was dead silent and the only thing which was moving in the room were the light blue colored drapes dancing along the rhythms of the cool breeze coming from outside the window, while the silver moonlight managed to cascade down the dimly lit room, making it look like a beautiful fairytale, where a lovely fairy was peacefully resting after being tired for centuries.