6. The Holy Quran

~Hooriyah

~Hooriyah

On this cloudy morning there were growing patches of blue, the sort of hue that is soft and bright at the same time. Though beneath the sheet of cloud was a grey blanket that deepened to steel, the leading edge was a brilliant white, as if it was the pages of a new book ready for any curious eye like mine. This day could bring rain or sunshine. And I was expecting both, along with a beautiful rainbow!

Marching along the wide aisles of the mall with me, Alizeh sighed with frustration for one last time.

"If it was a choice between shopping and diving into a swimming pool full of cold vomit, I would take the vomit. I'd simply tie my hair back, get in a bathing suit and dive right in amongst the chunky bits." She complained.

A cringed look danced through my face. She is nasty!

"Every single time I visit the mall, I have to try on fifty different outfits and it literally sucks man!" Alizeh rolled her eyes with anger while picking up another beautifully designed gown to try it on herself for the umpteenth time!

"Wait a second." An exquisite masterwork caught my eye, suddenly.

"Well, now you should try this! It will certainly look perfect on you!" I picked up a flawlessly embroidered, purple gown from the rack and handed it over to Alizeh.

Her eyes glittered with shock and ecstasy simultaneously as if this was the one she was waiting for.

She quickly grabbed the gown and hurriedly went in the try room. When she came back, she looked incredibly pretty. She twirled around happily while I gave her a thumps up declaring it to be 100 percent perfect!

We finally headed off towards an elegant jewelry shop. A beautiful charming necklace attracted me towards itself. The delicate pattern and the sparkling stonework was enough to leave everyone in an awe. The tiny pearls and purple crystals were twinkling so flawlessly that it was impossible for me to remove my gaze from it.

It was the most beautiful necklace I had ever seen in my life.

"Hello madam, how can I help you?" A beautiful lady interrupted.

"What's the price of this necklace?" I asked.

"It's 5000 rupees only, Ma'am."

I gulped. It was really expensive! But I wanted to buy a gift for Alizeh as I didn't get time to buy more gifts back in Murree, for Alizeh and her family.

"Any discount?" I mustered up some courage to speak.

"Yes, we are offering 20 percent discount on all of our necklaces!" The lady smiled widely.

I sighed with relief. Alizeh was busy buying her own stuff, so I took out the money and paid it without any delay.

The lady packed the necklace in a beautiful rectangular red velvet box and handed it over to me. I smiled gratefully.