22 - Sam & Sophia

Sophia

Never in all my years of living thought that one day, I would think of Samuel in this way. I never noticed him before a week ago and I mean, really noticed him. It was the day when I was drunk and he had to take care of me. I remember him taking me home with Valeria, but he remained with me until we reached my room. I told him to help me get into my pajamas and then into bed. I don't remember much, but I remember him being nervous and hesitant. When I woke up the next morning, I was naked.

I didn't know what happened until I asked him. He told me that I refused to wear clothes and stripped in front of him. He was out of the room as quick as lightening.

I felt so embarrassed and till this day, I don't know how to look into his eyes. Because of that, I began thinking about him a lot and discovered that he is very hot. Maybe I didn't notice it before because he was my brother's best friend and because he was in New York. I only saw him in video calls or photos, unlike my sister, Sarah.

But now that I am beginning to harbor some feelings for him, I am getting anxious because I know too well that Lorenzo would kill us both if he knew something between us happened.

But I know that Samuel don't even think of me this way because I rarely see him looking at me or even wanting to spend time with me. Effort makes the person know if he is loved or not.

It is three days after Claudia's departure. We are all sitting in the living room, minus my parents. They told us that they are going to the beach house to spend three days there.

Lorenzo, Samuel, Johnny, Cassie, and I are sitting and chatting together when Valeria enters the living room. She held the tray of snacks in her hands and placed it on the table in front of us.

"Stay, Val," I say, earning a nod. She sits beside Lorenzo, the only seat available that is close to everyone else, including me.

She looks at him but immediately turns away when he catches her. I sense something going on between them and honestly, I could be 100% sure because that night at the mafia event, he was so jealous when she danced with Kilian.

I look to my right and see Sam scrolling through his phone. I huff in annoyance, not liking that he's not engaging with us. I decide to nudge his arm with mine to get his attention. He glances up at me and furrows his eyebrows in confusion, as if asking me what's wrong.

"I am bored," I whisper so only he could hear.

He smiles and gets closer to me, showing me the game he's now playing on his phone.

"Do you want to try?" he asks.

"Okay."

He hands me the phone and I start playing. The game is called cooking fever. It's where you work in a restaurant for a couple of levels and must serve the customers fast. It's pretty frustrating, especially when you're not fast enough and the customer gets angry and leaves.

I play for a few rounds and win in all of them. I smirk when I see his mouth apart as he looks at the phone.

"You are good at this."

"I know," I reply with a smirk, flipping my hair.

I look back at the rest and notice Lorenzo whispering something in Valeria's ears. She nods and they both leave somewhere inside. Weirdly, no one notices anything.

"Do you think something is going on with Lorenzo and Valeria?" I ask Sam.

He lets go of his phone and looks at me. "Umm, yeah, have you seen the guy? He is whipped."

I giggle at that. "I agree. I just hope he treats her right because she's a sweetheart. If he hurts her, I'll kill him, brother or not."

"Well, from what I have seen, he's doing a pretty job," Sam replies, giving me a smile of his own.