Illusions

Radhe,

You were absolutely right in thinking that this 'letter business' would surprise me. But what a pleasant surprise, sakhi! If that is how you treat friends, my goodness I've been missing out on friendship all my life! Anyways, all my good deeds of past lives have finally come together to get me to your highness, and boy am I glad!

And what is this 'twisted dictionary' you've so generously spoken about? See, I'm this total abodh gvaala that knows nothing of the twisted ways of the world okay? You better not try and rob me of my innocence. Wonder what kind of company you have Radhe... be careful!

You're spot on about letters, though. They're love you can touch and keep, but they're also love you can pour out and give away. It doesn't matter if that flower is cherished by the receiver or not, the fragrance it gave to your hands would always enchant you. Love, is like that Radhe. It is meant to be given away, not with measures and security checks, but as freely as the waters of the Yamuna flow. Anyways, in my case, you need not worry at all – neither about your flowers, nor about your letters. For Kanha cherishes love, in all its forms, more than his own life-breath!

Somehow I can see the look on your face as you read this – those drawn brows and my favourite Hey-Narayan-is-this-guy-mad expression right there! As much as I understand your wish, please do not throw this until you read it fully, okay?

Coming to the man of your wildest dreams – the flutist – now. To be honest, how incredibly charming must he be to have enchanted my tough girl like that? More than you, I would like to meet this young chap, you know. Might as well warn him for what awaits him. More importantly though, sakhi ki iccha mere liye aadesh hai!  You'll have your man before the next letter comes my way. I have a feeling you'll like him.

And no, Radhe, I won't call you crazy, for that goes without saying. But to dream, to fantasize, to lose your senses about something, does not mean being crazy. To dream is to feel alive, to fantasize is to experience the subtler mellows of life, and to lose your senses every once in a while is to unwind from the world. To lose your senses doesn't always mean to lose your mind, remember that. If you know the distinction between the two, it'll never be a problem. If not, Radhe, what am I here for?

I'm here so that you never stop dreaming, never stop being yourself, and never for Lakshmi's sake stop being delusional. In time, I hope you'll see how this entire universe is nothing but a delusion itself. The only reality... is, well, yourself. The world that you live in and the worlds that you create, are all illusions, Radhe... and it is up to us how we juggle between each one of them. On that note, I sincerely hope I get to see that girl of your fantasy, dancing on the banks of Yamuna on a moonlit night. That, will be my only reality.

Lastly, thank you, for letting me into your world. It is another matter that I've always been there. No questions on that statement, please. Someday, I hope your highness will grace my world as well, for my illusions look forward to being told and visited.

Yours,

Kanha.