Charm

Kanha,

What even are you? You could've just waited for me to give you some ideas instead of suddenly turning the whole of Brij upside down! You wanted to wake people up from their sleep right... this was more like putting them to eternal sleep by shock.

Everywhere I go, people are talking about one single topic only. All other matters, important or otherwise, have been laid to rest and there's only one question worth asking right now – WHO WAS SHE? People are dying to have another glance at her, some have started searching for her address, some have, I don't know, maybe started dreaming of marrying her. Hey Narayan, what a delightful mess!

And all this is after she has disappeared. While she was here, roaming around the streets of Brij with her bag of bangles – my god you should've looked at everyone's face! Wherever she went, she took people's sanity along. That's probably the kind of effect you would have on people if you ever went to some new place, we are already too used to seeing you around all the time. But then you're too magnificent to get used to... maybe it's all your magic that all of us here can see you with our human eyes without going crazy!

Won't lie, my reaction was somewhat similar to all my dear people when I first saw her. The only difference being that I'm already too insane in one blue boy's love to lose my sanity over anything else. J But then she looked straight at me and I thought – oh...

Before I could come out of the trance, she was already talking to me about my favourite colour and my taste in bangles and how beautiful I am – wait... And the next second she asked for my hand and I gave it to her like an intoxicated human. But the moment she touched it to put the bangle on, I KNEW IT! I knew that damn touch so very well, more than I know any other thing in the world! Suddenly everything made sense, everyone's reaction and my own surprising trance.

So, now that I knew exactly who this was – I simply let her try as many bangles as she wanted, smiling like a fool and enjoying curious murmurs all around me. By the time I managed to look back into those eyes again, she was already getting up, and with a final giveaway wink, she was gone!

That's where the hoopla starts. Forget my gang, half the village had showed up to enquire if I knew this mysterious, charming, and strangely blue lady! Well, honestly speaking, I do know her – right from srishti ka baalpan – but they won't understand. What would I have told them anyway? That they needed to calm down, for this is my love aka their Kanha aka the blue boy who keeps jumping on their heads all day long? I could've said that, but I loved seeing my boy's (or my girl's?) effect on them a bit too much so... anything for some harmless fun, right?

So I answered questions and had gossip sessions all day long – including a brilliant comment by Vishakha – she was kinda irritated by the hype, so she said we should take that girl to Kanha! "Let me see how she escapes his irresistible charm... one look at our boy and that girl would forget herself and join us in swooning over him like mad women! Then she'll know what charming actually means, it's not just about being pretty and knowing how to wink." Oh Kanhaaaa I laughed at this innocent advice for a full minute, not even kidding! Honestly speaking, you should've looked at Vishakha's annoyed face. Poor girl couldn't see anyone apart from you being the centre of attention, awwww! The way they love you makes me melt, how do you even handle all these adorable people and their adorable antics at once?

So that's it – your dear brijwaasis are busy making you fall in love with yourself. Meanwhile, I'm wondering whether to be proud of my boy's brilliant idea of adding spice to our lives, or marvel at "her" beauty or just think about how he's such a lovable clown.

Well, I'll be doing all of this while waiting for you to tell me how this started. You and your crazy mind, Hey Narayan! And don't you tell me you were planning to fool me along with them – you can be the world's biggest chhaliya but chhal doesn't change the warmth of a familiar touch. That warmth touches the soul, not the skin. Like you keep saying, won't my soul recognize its own touch?

Yours,

Radhe.