VarVadhu

Meri VadhuJi,

I'm sorry for being so late in answering that extremely excited letter of yours. I could feel your eagerness oozing out of it, splashing right into the reader's face. Taking all kudrishtis away from the infectious happiness of my happiness personified!

Now I need not tell you why I've been so late. You know how the past few days have been, with me being labelled as the most excited bridegroom ever to have existed in not just Brij, but the whole wide world. Half the town is busy teasing me, the other half is busy with the rituals and the preparations for the wedding. Meanwhile, Dau is equally the head of both these halves! You should see how incredibly eager he is, our excitement will seem non-existent in front of his.

I don't even blame these people for all their taunts you know. Because the way both of us keep smiling all day everyday all throughout the rituals, stealing glances at each other, then looking away all red like ripe tomatoes, what's going on is obvious to the whole audience. To be honest, I've never enjoyed being teased this much! And everybody around looks so so happy it's surprising almost. I've always known that the whole of Brij is one big, happy family... but I'm actually seeing it only now. You know what, I overheard Maiyya and her gang talking the other day, and they were all fighting over which ritual should be conducted in whose house! Can you believe it? Everyone wanted us to celebrate at least a tiny part of our wedding in their home. Almost as if they want us, a tiny part of ourselves with them, forever. That conversation just made me stop in my tracks and wonder whether it is even possible to repay this kind of love! What did I, what did we ever do to get this love? But then, that is the whole concept of love – it is causeless, ceaseless, and selfless to its very core.

So let's come back to my very own love now. Did someone tell you how much you were glowing in the haldi ceremony? Okay I love all sorts of Radhas, the angry bird Radha a little more, but that happy and glowing and content Radhe is my forever favourite. Do me a favour, Radhe... please stay that way forever, okay? That image of yours is the rain to my desert, the Yamuna to my Vrindavan, the maakhan to my hunger, the Maiyya's touch to my pain, the love to my existence.

This reminds me that as per your orders, I'll be making kheer for every guest in the wedding and even for those who didn't come. Though I'm sure the whole of Brij and even a lot of others are going to come and dance around us all day! Even now the streets are so crowded with people all dressed up and chatting about this grand festival. It is all so unreal, isn't it, Radhe? But my kheer is going to be real and the most delicious thing Brijwaasis will ever taste, that's a promise from sakshaat Brijshringaar, Shri RadhaRani ji's personal chef!

Also, you must've heard that MaiyyaBaba are going to meet Purnamausi today and ask for her blessings. And once that happens, what do we have next? RadhaKrishn Ka Vivaah.

RadhaKrishn Ka Vivaah. Hey Narayan that looks so beautiful even in my not-so-good handwriting!

Can you imagine how beautiful the actual event would be? I'm not even trying to imagine because I know it'll be more spectacular than anything I can ever imagine. And do you know why? Because it'll have my Radhe, the most beautiful creation I've ever known, in her happiest, totally glowing, slightly blushing and absolutely content form. Beauty might just get redefined that day!

Your VarJi,

Kanha.