Festival

Kanha,

Trust you to talk about love like it is a real, tangible thing I can reach out and hold on to. Someday I'll have to sit and calculate whether it's your gorgeous blue self or your charming words that have so dramatically enchanted me! Anyhow, I do agree wholeheartedly that you've got too much of love in your hands. Who have the people of Brij ever loved if not you? Their world begins and ends on you. If I was not a part of this gang who worships you more than Narayan himself, I would've hardly believed such unconditional affection exists. But it does, Kanha, it so does. Look around, BrijBhoomi is illuminated with KrishnPrem! We're all yours and you're all ours. I see no reason for you to ever leave this unchallenged territory of yours, but even if you ever do and then feel alone, just look in our direction. You'll see that Brij is, even eternities later, still blue.

And don't you tell me Maiyya sees the opposite of you in me! If anything, she sees even more of you there. That is not my own delusion speaking, that's what she herself told me one day. And I enjoy being with her so much, you have no idea. Cutting vegetables for her while she works in the kitchen, narrating tales of her lalla's extraordinary childhood is probably my favourite pastime ever. That reminds me, my goodness what all stuff have you done Kanha? Killing deadly snakes and huge herons and god knows what all crazy creatures? I mean yes I've witnessed a lot of this stuff with my own eyes, but it seems unreal when I look back at it. How exactly do you do it? Did you receive some special training in killing demons or are your looks enough?

My parents have probably begun suspecting what exactly I keep doing all day at your place. Mostly, Yashoda Kaki jumps in and says something like, "Oh she was only chopping veggies the whole day." At this, they have no option but to smile and repeat how sanskaari a daughter I am! Before leaving, Kaki usually passes me a knowing grin and I have no choice except to marvel at how similar both of you are. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my Maa Baba, and no one pampers me like they do. But on most days I long to just stay back in that cosy house of yours. It  has a warmth and familiarity to it I long to embrace. Plus I get to see you all day long, which, if you ask me, is not a bad deal!

So yes, back to Holi now. Going by how excited you sounded, I'm guessing this year's Holi would be special. I've done my part though, made the colours myself and I think they look really pretty. I went out today to check if all homes have their colours ready or if they need any help. Turns out everybody already had stuff in abundance and I ended up receiving a lot of colours and sweets myself. It warms my heart to see how prosperous and self-sufficient and happy my people are, may Narayan always keep it so. Vrindavan is almost always like a festival in itself, but it is these happy occasions that remind me of what bliss it is to live here. We're probably the happiest people in the universe right now. *All evil eyes away*

You were probably waiting for me to associate all this happiness to your presence here. Get over your self-obsession for once, Kanhaaaaa!

Anyways, the kheer was delicious. Just the right amount of sweet and just the right amount of you. Is your culinary talent limited to this or is there more? It's okay, keep learning. You're going to be my personal chef for the whole of my life. Okay? I've grown up eating Maa's maakhan, but I want to grow old eating my Kanha's kheer.

Yours,

Radhe.