Chapter 39-40

Chapter 39
TP POV
Enjoy reading!
Editor: Chikibini
Thanks for editing for me!
==============================

"God...this is certainly troubling," Kari murmured to herself. She was currently hiding behind the pillar from the kitchen's back entrance. She saw a few maids and butlers coming in and out from the kitchen's inside entrance.

Kari frowned, 'There's no way I will be able to get out of the kitchen wearing this...' She looked down at her outfit and looked at the maids once again. Suddenly, an idea popped up in her head.

'Of course! I just have to disguise myself as one of them! But instead of a maid....how about a butler?' Turning to look at the butlers, Kari grinned devilishly.

Maid outfit

  Butler Outfit

Butler Outfit

  The butlers and maids were all wearing masks, Kari frowned, 'A party must be going on

The butlers and maids were all wearing masks, Kari frowned, 'A party must be going on...'

Slowly waiting for the kitchen to become less crowded, Kari waited for a butler to walk close to the back entrance.

Once one walked by, Kari quickly held the butler, covering his mouth and sending a sharp glare, warning him not to shout in surprise.

She carried him bridal-style further deep down into the dungeon. Causing him to blush a slight bit. She put him down gently and knelt on one knee, smiling at him.

"May I borrow your clothes? I will exchange money for it." Kari asked with a smile. Even if he tried to refuse... she would still take it forcefully anyway. So there's no point refusing her.

In the end, Kari got the clothes smoothly, putting the black jacket tightly over her shoulders, she tied her hair up into a ponytail and tied the black mask with gold carved onto it.

She took a deep breath and casually walked into the kitchen. Kari looked around in anticipation. No one seemed to notice her. Good. She was nervous that demons' senses were much stronger than humans' so Kari was not confident. Kari decided to be cautious. It was never good to let her guard down after all.

"Hey, you!" Someone shouted at her, Kari turned around. Did someone notice her entering from the dungeon? Kari saw a man wearing a chef's outfit. He walked towards her with a glare, he then shoved a silver round tray towards her.

Kari quickly balanced the tray and the chef placed a plate filled with delicacies on top. "Go deliver this to the ballroom and place it on the white-clothed table!" He ordered. Kari almost made a 'tsk' sound in displeasure but still abiding by her new role.

She followed one of the butlers out of the kitchen and looked around. Now that she thought about it, how much time had gone by? She hoped it hasn't been too long and that there was an internet signal in the castle so she could text her friends with her phone.

Entering the ballroom, Kari didn't pay any mind to the interior and skillfully placed a plate down. When Kari lifted her head slightly up, she saw that the ballroom was filled with countless demons, all wearing fancy accessories, suits and gowns. 

Kari eyed the jewels and golden chains on their necks and horns. 'Hold your thief instinct down, Kari!' she scolded herself and quickly did what all butlers were doing. She placed the food onto the table and quickly replaced the empty space with multiple wine glasses filled with a red liquid, leaving them on the table for someone else to take.

She walked around, seemingly fitting into place until she saw a staircase leading up to the second floor. She casually made her over to a balcony and saw the orange and pink sky. Feeling the gentle cold breeze hit her face, Kari smiled. She quickly connected her mind to the space storage and took out her phone.

Kari looked at the time, 'I was gone for 3 hours...but I still want to explore. What good lie can I tell them..?'

Kari searched her mind for a reasonable excuse. She sighed. 

 "What's on your mind butler?" 

Kari widened her eyes and quickly turned to look at the culprit.

A tall man towered over her, he had sky blue hair and pastel purple eyes. With his seemingly flawless face with pale white skin as he looked down on Kari. He was much taller than her. He had an earring in the shape of two long thin rectangles. And dressed in a suit.

He had a snob expression on his face which itched Kari to hit him.