Epilogue

"Eomma? Appa?"

Jungkook stood next to me and slowly analyzed what's happening. He read my mind and slowly placed his hand on my waist. "Y/n, come." Grandma called out for me. I held Jungkook's hand and went to sit beside her.

"Y/n, Meet your parents." I slowly looked at them and stared, but not so long, I looked away. "Y/n, you grew up so well." My mother spoke as she stood up and opened her arms for me to hug her. "I wish we were here to watch you grow." I scoffed at her.

"Where were you then? Why only come back when my life is back to normal?! Why not when I was in pain, trying to fix the mess you left?! Why not when I was struggling to accept that I am a monster?! Why not when I needed someone to lean on?! Why only now?!!" I cried as I continued yelling at the both of them.

"You don't know how jealous I felt to see other children playing around with their parents! I felt so empty knowing that there's only two or three people around me, loving me and caring for me. I felt so scared all my life as I carried this blood in me, knowing that someday, someone will attack me from behind and kill me!" My voice became rough.

Jungkook was worried and tried to calm me down. His smooth and soft voice saying, "Princess, please calm down."didn't even work. My parents were speechless and looked down, feeling guilty. "I know you have a reason, but I'm so sorry. I'd rather have Hye Rin as my parent than either both of you!" Just as I finished my sentence, I got slapped by my mother.

(Author: Hye Rin is the ex-wife of his father. The woman who will soon give her crown to Y/n. And the woman who taught her to be a good ruler and made her feel a mother's love.)

I held my cheek that was slapped and looked at the woman in front of me in disbelief. "I hope to not see you again." I viciously spat at them and ran towards my room, shutting the door. I heard Jungkook knocking, but I ignored it and let the anger in me take control.

I went towards my desk and started throwing things that I could see. Because of the noise of the things being thrown, I didn't hear the door being opened. Jungkook ran towards me and hugged me from behind. I was fully in rage and tried to remove his grip, but he's still far stronger than me.

"Please, please, please Y/n. Don't let your anger take control!" He pleaded and tightened his grip on me. I fell on the floor and balled my eyes out. Jungkook followed and made me cry on his chest as he hugged me.

Grandmother's POV

"After leaving her at such a young age and letting her go through everything without the both of you on her side, you think she will be foolish enough to forget all of those and accept your hug?" I glared at the two in front of me.

"Mom, you know we needed to hide until everything ends. If not, then we're not here anymore. We're either dead or trapped in the dungeon." I was in rage when she defended herself. "So you chose to protect yourself than your own daughter?!" I hollered.

"That's not what I mean...!" She murmured. "Y/n was out there fighting for the Kingdom, sacrificing her self for her loved ones and living the life she never wanted while both of you are living your lives at the fullest! How selfish of you!" I yelled and felt how fast my heart beats because of anger.

"You heard Y/n, she'd rather have Hye Rin be her parent than both of you. She got through every ups and downs in her life alone... and she survived... without your help. So I think, you could now leave." Both of them looked at me with widened eyes as they shook there heads.