09

Athy POV

Lucas and I were walking around the Magic Tower's land since I haven't been able to see him for the past few weeks. "So you have been hanging out with Claude and Jennette recently but you see them separately?" Lucas asks slowly confusion on his face. I nodded confirming what he said. "Something is off with His Majesty, lately." I say. "He does seem more restless lately." Lucas agrees with me.

"How do you know that?" I ask eyeing him. "Because I've seen His Majesty and talked to him." Lucas says like it's the most obvious thing ever. I turn towards him hitting him in the chest. "You have seen Claude recently but not me? Your so mean!" I glare at him. To think I was missing him too.

"First I do work for him and have things to report to him and then something is off lately with him." Lucas says. "That's for sure." I agree. "I mean something different besides from his recent behavior." Lucas rolls his eyes at me. "Like what?" I ask. Maybe it'll explain his recent behavior also. "Well I've never told you this before because I never thought it was that big of a deal but your father has a lot of black magic in him. It isn't harming him so you don't have to worry." Lucas says studying my face for an reaction. Why does Claude have black magic in him? I just looked at Lucas waving my hand for him to continue.

"But lately the black magic has slowly been vanishing. I can't figure out why he would place black magic upon himself. It seems he did it a very long time ago. But don't get the wrong idea their is still a lot of it left." Lucas says seeming fustrated.

Claude used black magic on himself? Why would he ever do such a thing? But why is it vanishing now of all things?

"Don't think about it to much." Lucas says as he smiles slightly. "I'll try." I smile back. "Oh yeah! Can I pretty pretty please see Blackie!" I beg Lucas giving him my best puppy eyes. His face falls as irritation was now visible. "You have a deathwish I swear." Lucas muttered.

"Now I don't I just miss my Blackie!" I say as I continued with my puppy eyes. Lucas stared at me, conflicted but he finally sighed. "Fine! But only for but little bit!" Lucas groaned. "Oh yeah and give me your hand." He says with his hand out. I looked at him, confused. Glancing at his hand then back to him. "Hurry up." He groaned, annoyed as usual.

I slowly put my hand on his. A pink light shone a little from out connected hands, then almost in an instant I felt completely replenished. I no longer felt weak and tired as I've been lately like I had a lot of energy. That is when Lucas dropped my hand and began to walk away.

"What did you do?" I ask as I ran up to his side again. "You seemed tired and thinner so I just healed your body to the way it used to be." Lucas says nonchantly.

"Oh, thank you." I smiled at him which he just shook his head. "Let's hurry up I have a lot to do still." Lucas mutters. It's funny because I really don't take Lucas as much of a hard worker more and more of a slacker.

Soon enough we arrive where Lucas kept blackie. As soon as Blackie could see me he ran and tackled me kissing my face. I laughed hugging him. "Aww I missed you too, Blackie!" I smiled as I cuddled and petted him. He was so cute!

***

Lucas forced me to leave Blackie as it was wasn't good to be around him for long and he had to go back to work. I wish I could spend more time with Blackie but I'd rather not relapse it was to painful.

As I walked I saw a couple of figures heading my way. When will I catch a break? I sighed as I recognized the two walking my way. Must be here to see Princess Jennette. Duke Roger Alpheus and his son Ijekiel Alpheus. I never trusted Roger Alpheus. He is a very ambitious man and he seemed very manipulative. He did have a way with people so he has much influence in the high society. I also stayed wary of his son Ijekiel Alpheus as the apple doesn't fall from the tree.

Soon enough we stood in front of of each other and both of them bowed to me. "Prosperity be upon the Obelian Empire." They both greet me."It's quite delightful to run into you today." Duke Alpheus smiles at me. I ignored his flattering. It definitely is not deleightful to run into them. I've already been busy with Jennette and Claude. "You come to see Princess Jennette?" I ask.

"I've come to see His Majesty actually and Ijekiel has come to see Jennette." Duke Alpheus explains. Makes sense why I didn't have an invintation from either one today. I actually felt thankful towards them for once. "Are you coming back from seeing Princess Jennette or His Majesty?" Duke Alpheus asks.

"No, I came from the Magic Tower. I was visiting my friend Lucas." I answer his questions. "You are friends with him?" Ijekiel suddenly says suprise clear on his face. "Of course." I answered. "That's quite surprising." Ijekiel says seeming to almost be talking to himself. Was it quite surprising that Lucas could have friends? That is quite rude of him. "Ah, sorry Your Highness it just seemed he enjoyed being alone and he is quite belittling of others so I didn't think he had any friends." Ijekiel explains himself. He had a fair point Lucas was quite hostile to others.

"It's fine." I answer, Lucas does perfer being alone also so it wasn't exactly an insult to him it was more of an observation. "I've heard from Jennette that you two are becoming quite close." Duke Alpheus says suddenly. What was he getting at? "I've joined her for tea a few times lately." I answered. Just have to keep my held high. He was nothing but a yapping dog.

"It's nice you two are finally getting along." He says. He has come to be quite ignorant saying what he whatever he pleases now. "Nothing has really changed between us, Duke Alpheus. We are sisters by blood of course but we are not even close enough to be call each other friends. I look at our relationship as nothing more than formalities of us being the only two princess and I don't think it will proceed much past that as we don't have much to talk about in the first place." I explain as I also glared at the foolish man.

"Ah, my apologies. I didn't mean to upset you, Your Highness." He apologied immediantly. "Nothing to be sorry for." I say. "Your very kind. Also Princess you said that you both don't have much to talk about and well Princess Jennette is a bright girl, that is quite interested in her studies and I've heard rumors that you also enjoy to study sometimes too. So maybe you and Princess Jennette could study together instead of having tea, Your highness. I'm sure she would love that." Duke Alpheus suggests.
He is strong-willed with never giving up I'll give him that.

"So then she must be up to at least the sixth volume of social theory then huh? If she is as bright as you say and interested in her studies. I've already finished my studies of Max Berlinger's theory of functionalism. I must admit that I did struggle a bit at first but in the end it all did make sense. She must've already finished studying that and Bill Roitz correct? How is she in her other studies such as magic? Philosophy? Or history? Maybe this can be something we can talk about next time. Also can she speak Arlanta? Or how about the official language of Pascal? The heavens know of everything. The truth cannot be hidden. Saicana's language is fairly easy she must've learned that years ago. May god punish those who deceive with a thousand punishments."

Alpheus and Ijekiel both stood with wide eyed in astonishment. It stayed silent for a few moments and for some reason I felt quite smug. "S-She is a bright child but it seems she isn't at your level, Your Highness." Alpheus finally spoke. "Then I shall be off. I still have a lot left to to study." I say, staying composed even though a smirk pulled at my lips.

"Prosperity be upon the Obelian Empire." Both of them bowed before I walked past them back to the Ruby Palace.