12

"Lily!" I sobbed loudly running into her open arms. Only my crying could be heard as Lily stayed quite. I hugged her as tight as I could letting my tears finally fall. He is so cruel. What did I ever do to deserve this? I only wanted one thing from him. Is this a punishment for my past life? I need to calm down. I'm begining to hyperventilate. But it hurts so much. I haven't cried since Claude told me he didn't see me as his daughter. I thought I was over it. I thought I finally accepted it. Why does it still hurt then? Why is it that I've only ever cried because of him.

"When the night sneaks in, pick some flowers for my sake."

"The pretty stars smile, saying hi."

"Goodbye to the day. Tomorrow will bring a brighter morrow."

"So dream a pretty dream. Bye for now and sleep tight my child."

Lily's sings to me with her soft, silky voice. It was quite calming, with her fingers brushing through my hair.

It was the lullaby Lily always sang to me when I was little. Taking a couple deep breaths realizing I was no crying I look up at Lily. "Thank you, Lily." I whisper not wanting to ruin the comfortable peace.

"Are you alright, Princess?" Lily asks as she wipes the already dried tears on my face with sleeve.

"He is so mean, Lily." I tell her. "What happened?" She asks. I knew she was worried. "He asked me to go with him to the banquet tomorrow since Princess Jennette can't because she got sick." I tell her. "What's wrong with that? Maybe he finally wanting to be your father. It's what you wanted for so long." Lily says confused. I forgot I never told Lily about how Claude rejected me as a daughter.

"He doesn't care he just obviously doesn't want to attend alone since he hates parties." I lie to her. It's better to not upset her too. "He's used to attend parties alone, Princess. So with him asking you to go with means something." Lily tries to convince me.

I just shake my head looking down to at the floor, then let go of Lily. "I probably can't go now anymore. He may be heading this way right now to kill me." I say fidgeting my fingers around. "Why would he do that?" Lily asks putting her hands on my shoulders. I felt my face get warmer as I remember what I told Claude.

"I told him that I wouldn't go to his stupid banquet. That he was cruel and that I hate him. With some other things." I confessed to Lily. "You what?" Lily yells loudly her grip becoming tighter on my shoulders.

"I'm sorry, Lily. I just lost my temper." I tell her. Suddenly the door bursted open. He was here to kill me! I quickly pushed Lily behind me looking up to see who was here. "Princess." Felix bows down onto his knee before me. What is he doing here? It's only him.

"I am sorry, Your Highness. I was the one who convinced His Majesty to ask you to accompany him to the banquet. It was all my idea. I just thought it was a way for you and His Majesty to become closer. It was my mistake. I'll accept any punishment you see fit." Felix confesses. "Stand up." I order him.

I felt like I was going to cry again. Even though I am a upset with him, he was only try to help me. So I should just be grateful. He was only doing what he thought I wanted.

Felix stands up before me looking ashamed. "It's okay." I reassure him. "No it's not, Your Highness." Felix looks at me. This was the first time I've ever seen him look so serious. "Well I forgive you and won't give you any punishment." I tell him. "Princess Athanasia." Felix says but I raise my hand and shake my head as a gesture for him to not speak.

"Can you please go. I don't look very appropriate to see anyone now." I say turning around. "If that's what you wish, Your Highness." Felix says.

"Princess, it's okay." Lily tells me even though I could tell she was scared herself. It hurts so much. "I'm going to go back to my book. Can you bring me tea please?" I ask her as I went and sat on the couch. "Of course." Lily says quietly before leaving.

I grab the book and flip through the pages to where I last left off. Not again. Tears once again fell from my face and stained the pages.

***

Felix POV

"I'm sorry, Your Majesty. I thought she would be delighted to." I apologize to him.

"She is quite brazen." His Majesty says taking a sip from his wine. He didn't seem to be angry. That's a relief. "Just like her mother was." I agree with him. I never expected her to be holding such strong emotions towards His Majesty. She was always so calm and I thought she enjoyed her time with His Majesty.

His Majesty sat still drinking down rest that was in the wine glass. He must be remembering Lady Diana again. "That wench is the one who is cruel." His Majesty mutters.

His Majesty really loved Lady Diana. That short while she was here was the happiest I've ever seen His Majesty. He begged her for her life. Yet she chose Princess Athanasia in the end.

"I should've killed her in the begining." His Majesty says. "Your Majesty!" I say. How could he talk about Princess Athanasia that way? "If you're going to lecture me get out. I'm not in the mood." His Majesty orders. "Blessings and Glory upon the Sun of the Obelian Empire." I bow before taking my leave.

I know His Majesty cared for Her Highness. That one day they will be happy together. That His Majesty could be happy once again with Princess Athanasia by his side. Just not today.