20

"Princess! Wake up! We got so little time!" Ces says flinging off my blanket. I am still so tired. I stretch out my arms and legs before rubbing my eyes. Slowly I manage to open them. The sun. It's not even up yet.

"Hurry, Princess! This is a big day for you!" Ces grabs my arm and pulls me out of bed. Not this big of a day. I'm sure I still have eight hours at least.

"Let's go, come on." Ces quickly drags me to the bathroom. Several maid are already there waiting the tub filled with water and many oils by the smell of it. I get undressed and put into the tub where the maids started to wash me. They haven't acted like this since my debutante. I don't like this.

"Excuse me." I try to get their attention but they are to preoccupied with me to actually bother to hear what I'm saying. That's quite ironic. I then pull my hands and feet from everyone. They all went silent confused at the sudden movement I made.

"Please calm down. You all are going overboard. Let's act as if it is any other day. You can still pretty me up more than usual but this is too much so please, can you all dial it down?" I ask looking at all the maids the surrounded me.

"Your Highness, it is such an important day today though." Hannah says. So was my debutante. "I know but I still don't want to be like this." I explain. Before anyone else could say anything Lily spoke. "We will do as you wish, Princess. It is your choice." Lily smiles at me. "Thank you." I smile back at her.

"We will start on some nice breakfast for you, Your Highness." A maid says before taking her leave with several other maids. It was a lot more quieter instead of so much bustling.

"Princess." Lily says as she begins to wash my hair. "Yeah?" I ask her. "Don't fret too much about today. I'm sure it will be a wonderful day today, okay?" Lily tells me. I just nod. It can't end up any worse than my debutante.

***

"Princess! You look so beautiful!" Hannah gushes. "Nobody can compare to our, Princess, beauty!" Ces says. "You look very beautiful." Lily agrees. I giggle at all their praises.

"Thank you. It's all because of your guys hard work." I smile at them. "Aw, you're to much! You are so pretty just waking up!" Ces says. "Thank you?" I say these compliments are too much. "Felix is waiting outside these doors." Lily tells me. Why is Felix here? He should be with Claude or Jennette.

"I'll see you all after the ball." I smile at all them as I open the doors to see Felix, standing right outside. As Felix sees me he smiles, "You look very pretty, Princess." Felix tells me. "Thank you." I smile.

"His Majesty is waiting, shall we?" Felix says offering his hand. Claude is waiting for me now too? Shouldn't it be Jennette? But she is suppose to meet me at the ball. Why is Claude here? I take Felix's hand and we begin to walk outside. Claude truly was waiting for me. He dressed up nicely as he did for his birthday.

Claude saw us and turned towards us as we approached him. Felix let go of my hand as I take a few more steps closer to Claude. "Good afternoon, Your Majesty." I greet him.

"Congratulations on your eighteenth birthday." Claude says holding his hand up to me. I place my hand on Claude's. "Thank you." I smile at him. Maybe today really will be a good a day. "Come on, lets go." Claude says holding my hand as we begin to walk towards the carriage. The horses are so giant and pretty! The coachman opened the door for and Claude let go my hand letting go into the carriage first following in after me. We sat on opposite sides of each other in silence as the carriage began to move forward.

"Did you enjoy your birthday?" Claude asks me. "Yes, it was quite pleasant." I tell Claude as I look outside the carriage window. I can see my garden from here! I can even smell the roses.