Chapter 4

"THAT'S IT?!"

"Oh god stop squeaking already!!"

A few days after Yoongi had gotten his new job, he was sitting on the couch and was counting his weekly pay – 5000 won. You were shocked at how low the payment was.

"5000 won a week?! Really? Don't you think they are ripping you off?"

"I mean, the only thing I do is fill up the gas of others' cars," Yoongi shrugged, "and that's the only job I could get at the moment. You don't need any experience to get it."

You sighed. "Why are you working?"

"So that I can gather up enough money to get into a music college," he said.

You forgot. He did mention that he wanted to become a producer, so he needed to attend a college for music. That was the reason why he ran away from his base and ended up in your backyard after getting beaten. But really, it was going to take decades to gather up enough money if his salary was 5000 won a week.

You then had an idea – "Why don't you work in my café?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You owned a café. It wasn't what you intended your future job to be. When you were young, you had always wanted to become a vet because of your undying love for animals. But you weren't smart enough to get into a medical college – you weren't a smart person. You had always gotten grades that were a bit below than average. You didn't have an artistic side to you either; you were bad at music, drama, sports and art. There wasn't anything you were exceptionally good at.

Your parents kept nagging and scolding you for being bad at everything, and you tried, you really did try to study and practice the piano – but you were just, bad. But no matter how much people downgraded you, you never let your self-esteem lower down. That was what you thought you were good at – being confident in yourself.

The only person that truly believed in you was your grandfather. At the age of sixteen when you dropped out of high school, you moved from Gwangju to Seoul, where he lived in a big house with a big garden. He gave you a job in the café that he owned, and taught you how to make a variety of coffees. He even taught you some marketing strategies (much better than your economics teacher) like increasing the supply the customers have more demand for. You became a waiter there and you actually quite enjoyed it.

Three years later when you became nineteen, your grandfather passed away, but not before making you the owner of the café and giving his house to you with a small fortune saved up for you in the bank. You were devastated, but still accepted all his gifts since those were on his will. You worked hard after that, using all the knowledge that your grandfather passed on to you. No more than a year later the café had gotten great recognition in Seoul; it was one of the most successful businesses. You hadn't spent any money form the fortune your grandfather had left you because your monthly salary was enough to satisfy you, and you kept it safe in the bank for future emergencies.

So now you had offered Yoongi a job in your cafe as a waiter, and the weekly salary was 15,000 won. He would've saved up enough money not more than after year to get into a good music college. His gas station job started not until 2 pm so you gave him a job as a waiter during the morning, which was a bit inconvenient for you because your café was usually packed after 2 pm. But you figured that Yoongi would prefer a less crowded area to work on.

You drove the both of you to work in your car at 7 in the morning. Yoongi was grumpy as hell because he claimed he needed his '16 hour sleep' which you deemed ridiculous. But he didn't grumble as much because you were giving him a job and a free ride.