𝟎𝟏- 𝐓𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐝𝐨 𝐮𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭

"Till death do us part", Mia finished off her rehearsal of the wedding vows making you chuckle.

"What, what is it?", Mia asked confused as to why you were chuckling.

"Till death do us part", you mocked her, "do you really believe in that sappy nonsense?", you asked.

"I mean that's what everyone hopes for when they get married", she explained but it was still over your head. The fact that people put so much faith in love as if it was everlasting.

Mia, your best friend was getting married soon and you promised to help her with all the tiny details that went into the big event. You were happy for her but you could never think of anything like that for yourself.

"Ok, one last time from the top!", Mia exclaimed, scanning the vows on the piece of paper one last time.

Your phone started ringing which was a bittersweet situation. You were exhausted from the continuous wedding talks but you were saddened that your time with your best friend was cut short as usual since this was definitely a work call.

"I have to take this", you sighed stepping away from Mia who watched you walk away.

You sort of had a problem. You were a workaholic but who could blame you. Your father had left you and your mother when you were very young. You had seen your mother go through really tough times because of money issues.

You had always wanted to change that so you did. You had worked your butt off ever since you were 16 and here you were running the most successful tech company.

Your mother was so proud of you and so was Mia but they both sometimes wished you did more than just work. That was the reason all your friends had boyfriends or were getting married but of course your focus was none of that, nor would it ever be.

Love was a waste of time after all after you had seen your mother and father part ways. Love wasn't some fairytale story and you had realized that quite young and ever since then dedicated your life to work.

Getting off the call, you explained to Mia how you had an urgent meeting and the frown on her face was enough to tell you she didn't like you leaving one bit but she couldn't stop you either.

This wasn't the first time her best friend put work before her, frankly she was used to it. You took all your belongings before walking down the stairs as Mia followed you.

"Lock the house when you leave", you told her as you headed to the parking lot. Despite being able to afford a driver, you still liked to do everything yourself.

"See you tonight?", Mia asked.

"Yup", you smiled.