𝟏𝟐 - 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞

"Y-Y/N", Jungkook mumbled the words very lightly, standing in the midst of the forest.

The only other living thing by far was a crow on the tree trunk next to him. The trees around him were black to the bone, the only reference being the night sky above him. He began to walk through as the leaves crunching echoed off his boots.

He was caught off guard when he saw a figure in the distance.

"I-is someone here!", he yelled only for the figure to run.

Run right towards him but when it came in full view, Jungkook's eyes filled with horror.

It was you

You were in a white dress except it was no longer white, ripped from the knees, a dull dirt colour painted across it, the blood on your face and hands sending fear into Jungkook, he couldn't take it, he looked away.

"Look at me!", you went closer to caress his face but he dare not open his eyes.

"I said look at me!", you yelled, shaking him by the shoulders as he finally opened his eyes.

"You! You did this to me!", you clenched your teeth, pointing a finger at his chest.

"Y/N, I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry", Jungkook unconsciously began to cry.

"You were supposed to protect me remember?", a tear cascaded down your cheek.

"Y/N, I will, I will protect you from now on, I promise", he opened his arms so you could hug him, so everything could go back to normal but you only shook your head at his invitation.

"No", you cried.

"Why not?", he asked.

"I'm already dead", you whispered.

"No no no, this is all my fault"

Before he knew it, he woke up all sweaty on his bed. Trying to take a breath wasn't even easy knowing what he had witnessed.

"It's all my fault!", he wanted to pull his hair out.

His nightmare of you, that image of you with blood dripping, crying, he couldn't get it out of his head no matter how hard he tried.

No matter how many times he washed his face.

He couldn't be sane knowing you were still out there, in danger.

He walked down the stairs, seeing the house as a bunch of memories of you.

On his first morning when you stood all grumpy that he was your bodyguard.

That night when you couldn't fall asleep so you guys talked for hours.

That evening, you both had cooked a meal together.

It hadn't been long since he had first met you, but something about you was infectious.

The way you smiled when you were genuinely happy, how caring you were towards everyone you loved or even the sass you would show him.

It didn't have to matter how long he had known you, what mattered was how much fun he had just spending the time he got with you.

Yeah he was just a bodyguard, but you showed him a side you didn't show anyone and how stupid of Jungkook was it to realize this a little too late.

He entered the kitchen which had lost all it's spark without you in it like every other morning.

Your mother was sat on the table staring aimlessly with Mia, who was in as much grief as your mother but tried her best to be strong, trying to comfort your mother instead.

This was the most hard hitting on your mother, she was afraid that this was bound to happen.

You had always stuck by her, she had never let you out of her sight and now that she had, it all went downhill.

Jungkook interrupted the scene in front of him, "I'm going down to the police station, I have a friend there who can help", he bowed to your mother and Mia before taking his leave.

He was too afraid to look at them, if he did, he'd just get reminded of how he had let them down.

Like how he had let you down.

------------------------------------------

He entered the police station, specifically looking for someone who was going to help him and there he was sitting on his desk.

"Hey Kook!", Jimin smiled at the younger, prompting him to take a seat.

"Funny how for the first time, I'm not the one paying you a visit", the older jokingly pouted.

"Sorry hyung, I've been busy", Jungkook mumbled.

Jimin quickly realized how Jungkook wasn't himself, his eyes were lifeless, his smile didn't even reach his eyes.

"You alright?", Jimin spoke softly this time.

"I need your help hyung, I messed up really bad".

--------------------------------------------

Oooh now we have Jimin involved!

Would you guys like the rest of the members to make an appearance too?

Also do you think it's fair Jungkook's taking all the blame?