Chapter seven *Past*

Sarah wipe off the kitchen counter listening softly to some music. The children is at school already. Richard knock softly on her open door and give her a smile when she looked at him. She bite her bottom lip and look down then back at him.
"Are you alone?" he ask softly. She look around then back at him nodding her head. "Okay."
"Yeah, we need to talk though," she say and approach him slowly. He enter the house smelling the clean atmosphere.
"Yeah," he agree and give her a sad look. "Sarah, I'm moving away."
"What?" she ask terrified. "Why?"
"I got transferred," he reply and put his fingers in his hair. "I just...I think it will be best for you if you don't see me. I've hurt you terribly bad."
"It doesn't matter, Richard," she say angrily getting tears in her eyes. "I need you here! We have kids and I'm..."
"I'll send money and let them come visit during the holidays," he interrupt her. She shake her head and fold her arms looking away. "Sarah, this is for the best."
"I can't believe you!" she shout at him. "You don't know what's best for me, okay?"
She shake her head and look down. He give her an odd look and walk to her. She's a little big around the waist and with the big loose shirt she's wearing, you can't even see her stomach.
"Sarah..."
He touch her face and lift up her chin. She look at him with an odd look. He kiss her lips softly. She grab him tight around his neck and start to cry during the kisses. He hold her tight rest his head on hers. She bury her face in his chest drowning in his scent.
"It's okay," she cry and pull away from him. "I'm willing to set you free if that's what you want. I really hope she takes better care of you than I could ever. I will hold unto what we created and treasure it until we meet again. Goodbye Richard."
"Goodbye Sarah," he cry and place his fingers on his eyes walking out. She fold her arms over her stomach and fall down on her knees crying.

It's a little late. Sarah dish up for the children waiting for them to return any moment now. The door burst open. She look at the that all stood there in tears. She gasp. He told them.
"Kids..."
"No!" Riley cry and ran up to her room. Sarah cover her face starting to cry all over again.
"Mom, what are we going to do?" Charlton ask sadly.
"I don't know," she reply shaking her head hugging herself.
They nod with tears in their eyes.
"I'm sorry," she apologize and give them a hug. "I'm going to talk to Riley."

Richard walk through Lilly's empty house since he's been staying with her. He look around and then at Lilly.
"Everything is already shipped," she say with a smile and give him a hug. "Thank you for doing this, Richard. Now we can finally start over."
He nod and give a little smile hugging her back since he really needs that now.

"So, mommy is going to raise the baby completely on your own without daddy knowing?" Riley ask a little concern.
"Well, you guys will be here to help me, right?" she raise an eyebrow at them.
"But dad is the father, doesn't he deserve to know?" Archie ask with an odd look.
"He doesn't have to," Samuel smile at his siblings. "Mom wants to the baby to have a better life. She doesn't want the baby to feel shipped around at a young age. It will hurt mom."
Sarah give him a sweet smile and let them all take hands.
"This has to stay between us, okay? Daddy mustn't know about the baby, okay?"
"Okay," they all nod in agreement. She take a deep breath in and nod her head standing up.
"Now come, dinner is ready and I didn't make your favourites for nothing."
They follow her out.