Chapter twelve *Present*

The music is playing fine songs to dance on. A little drunk and happy, Sarah dance her shoulders walking to Nikita and Riley. They laugh at her that grabbed their hands and showed them to join her. They start to dance with her amazed by how well she can actually dance.
"Victory dance," she announce to them and make a funny dance move by standing still putting her hands behind her head doing weird moves with her hips. The girls laugh at her that immediately started jumping around.
Richard talking to one of the men immediately look at them. His breath slam away watching her dancing around as if nothing is wrong. He excuse himself and walk closer. Her long hair jumping around under her waist. She take off her jacket and throw it on the sofa looking even more skinnier.
"It's better to join them," Marcus smile at him. He just laugh and nod his head slowly running towards them.
"Yes dad!" The girls cheer. Sarah laugh when he made the moon walk and almost fell. He make silly dance moves with Sarah. They're both surprised that they still remember. He move in behind her and she in front of him. He touch her hips dancing with her. She move back against his body. Riley and Nikita give each other an odd look and watch everyone join them. Richard wrap his arms around her stomach and hold her tight against him standing still. She rest her head back and close her eyes. He close his eyes and bury his face in her neck. She take a deep breath in and pull away from him. He look at her that gave a giggle when Archie grabbed her for a dance. Richard stand back and watch her laugh out of her stomach. He take a deep breath in and look at Lilly that came to him. She take his hand and pull him in for a dance.

It's very dark outside in the skies. Sarah stand outside getting fresh air. She must just stay away from the alcohol for a little while.
Richard look around in the house then at Sally that came to him with a little smile.
"Lilly is talking with Riley and some of the cousins," she say and give him a smile.
"I'm not looking for her," Richard say and take a deep breath in.
"I know," she nod. "Sarah is at the back yard getting fresh air. She has to eat. Will you take her a plate before she faint?"
"Sure," he nod with a big smile. Sally give him an odd look.
"Richard, don't give her false hope. I may not be her biological mother, but she's still me daughter," Sally say with a serious look. He look terrified at her.
"Wait, she's adopted?" he ask terrified. "Does she know?"
"Yes, she knows," Sally nod with a little smile. "Richard, you're going to have to make a choice in the end. You either leave Lilly and be with her or stay with Lilly and stay away from Sarah. You can't have both."
"I know," he nod and give a smile. "And I know what I want now. I want to give Sarah some food."
She nod and watch him walk away.

Sarah walk around looking at the plants just being on her own. She needs her time alone sometimes. Richard close the back door and walk to her. She immediately look at him.
"You have to eat," he say and give her plate full of mini pies etcetera.
"I'm not hungry," she reply. He shake his head and walk to the swing taking a seat. It's a double seated swing. Sarah give him a little smile and decide to join him on the swing.
"The party is great," he smile and put the plate down between them.
"It is," she nod in agreement. She give a heavy sighed and start to eat. He give her a sweet smile. "Will you join me?"
"Sure," he nod and take the same she took. "Sarah..."
"Yes Richard?" she give him an odd look.
"I'm sorry," he say and give her a serious. She immediately get soft. "I'm sorry I cheated on you with your best friend. I'm sorry I hurt you. I really hope you'll be able to forgive me."
She nod slowly and turn to her side on the swing looking at him.
"Richard, I forgive you," she reply. He give her an odd look.
"I don't know what to say," he whisper getting tears in his eyes. "I don't deserve your forgiveness, Sarah. I promise that if I could go back and fix it, I would."
"Well, we're all fucked up," she reply and exhale loudly. "But what you can do is promise to try your best not to disappoint me again."
"I promise on my whole life to never ever hurt you again," he nod. She give him a little smile. "Can I have a hug, please?"
She give a little giggle and stood up. He stand up too and pull her closer to him. He hold her tight feeling her arms around his body.