Chapter 1 [Complete Sync]

‘Fantasia is a Virtual Reality Massive Multiplayer Online Game (VRMMORPG) that recently finished their beta testing and they have adapted the game to the Rift Void a headgear console, that uses your brain waves to move and adapt your character into the Virtual World, Argos. The beta testers were selected throughout the world, one tester per country. The 195 beta testers were chosen out of their skill and tactics they used; however only one of the Beta Testers achieved Level 1000.Each Beta Tester was given prize money for their final rankings, they will also receive special items throughout their time in the game and as they level up they will get specific items.’

Ranking – Level – Country:

1st – Lv1000 – China

2nd – Lv993 – Australia

3rd – Lv986 – Ireland

4th – Lv974 – South Korea

5th – Lv971 – Japan

6th – Lv967 – UK

7th – Lv961 – USA

8th – Lv952 – India

9th – Lv949 – Philippines

10th – Lv845 – Sweden

‘Thank you.’

                - Michaelis Jorduph

I watch the news report as I see people holding the game and console boxes, all screaming with joy and excitement as long lines of people line up to buy the console and game.

“The stores are finally selling the Rift Void and Fantasia, there are so many people lining up right now! I have also got one of the games myself; this is going to be such a fantastic moment in our world history.” I hear the sounds of the News reporter coming from my headphones as I stare at the computer screen.

I watch the timer on my left computer screen slowly go down, every second it reached closer to the server going on… 2 Minutes – 3 Seconds… 2 Minutes – 2 Seconds…

I go towards my Rift Void; I pull out the charger cord and plug it into my Rift Void. As I plug the other side into a power outlet, my Rift Void begins to charge as I turn back to look towards my computer, seeing the timer tick down… 1 Minute – 21 Seconds…

“Brother, I’m leaving now!” I hear my sister yell towards my window as I look and watch her walk away. I turn away, putting on the Rift Void, I lie down on my bed as I check everything is operational, I close my eyes as I say “Sync Engage!” The count down on my left computer screen ticks down… 5… 4… 3… 2… 1…

I stand in a blank, white, empty room as a keyboard is in front of me, I see a borderless screen saying, “Login”
“Username: _____”

“Password: __________”

I type in the username I used in the beta, ‘China,’ I use the same password I set as it brings me into the character creation screen. I select the <Magician> class, looking through the customization; I changed my character to look like I did in the beta. I choose the simple nerdy like hairstyle adapting it to what I looked like in real life, wearing frameless glasses. Selecting the blue eye colour and make my character tall and semi-thin the way I liked it, I had a smile on my cheek as I watch my character come to life. I begin to see what will fit well with my character, as I wait for the channels on the server opens up. The last customization I had to do was "Insert your Character Name."

'Orekei'

I think push my finger softly on the confirm button, a while light appears as I teleport into Fantasia. I wear the basic clothing, I already seen several players walked around town as I look around and accept quests. I walk around the hunting grounds seeing the nice warm breeze flow through the grasslands, the monsters waltzing around and engaging into combat was a calm scene.