Chapter 5 [Christmas' Warmth]

I walk out of my home, the snowflakes glitter in the morning sun, my woolly trench coat keeping me warm. I see the neighbourhood kids building snowmen I’d walk to Ryan’s house, a black mailbox out the front, and small bushes around the window. I’d knock on the door, the door opens, and a warm air rushes towards my face as Ryan welcomes me inside. I’d hang my coat on the coat rack and walk into the living room; I see Connor and Lucky already decorating the Christmas tree. I smell delicious warmth coming from the kitchen; I’d see Cherry and Hazel there already working on breakfast.

I’d turn on the TV and then walk into the kitchen, the morning news was on, I’d listen to the presenters talk about Virtual Reality… the other world… I’d assist in the cooking and hear the trio making jokes as they decorated the tree.

“Ryan! Where do you keep the black pepper?” I shout as I washed some of the dishes, while the girls cooked.

“They’re in the top cupboard on the left!” He’d reply gasping for air as I hear a BANG! turning around to see him fall.

I’d take the black pepper grinder and place it on the counter as I walk over towards Ryan, the other boys help him up and I’d analyse what just happened. Seeing as the leg of the ladder broke and the star on the floor, I’d ask, “Connor, boost me and Lucky hold me steady I’ll place the star. The ladder is also broken.”

I’d be lifted about 50 centimetres off the ground already having my head touch the roof. I’d place the star on top of the Christmas tree, then stepping down I’d walk back and look at the tree.

“Job well done guys.” I’d say, as the doorbell rings Ryan walks over to the door. I return to the kitchen and help cook, I hear Ryan say, “Welcome Navy Seal!” Immediately I noticed the one coming into the house was Jacob, a friend of ours. He walks into the living room, changing the TV channel and watches ABC 3.

I don’t hear my news anymore… I get bugged… “NAVY, YOU FLIPPIN’ SEAL, CHANGE THE CHANNEL BACK!” I’d snap, walking into the living room, I’d change the channel back. The presenter keeps talking about the Virtual Reality with Michaelis Jorduph, the creator of the upcoming Fantasia game and Virtual Reality.