Chapter 8 [Good Cop, Rejected Cop]

After that situation subsided, Misa and Yuki slept together in Misa’s room and Sennin also went to sleep. I was feeling… peckish and decided to cook stuff to eat. While the Dynamic Duo, Cohan and Soul decided to interrogate Shido about the previous incident, the fail attempt of my assassination.

Our dark, damp basement, the two… Cohan and Soul decides who is the good cop and the bad cop. “Well, I want the good cop, since you’re not good at acting Soul.” Cohan says walking down the stairs beside him. “No dude! I’m the good cop; you just have to be the bad cop.” Soul says. “Hahaha, but you got rejected you might as well be a rejected cop.” He’d laugh as they open the door to the basement.

Soul hides in the corner once again in the basement, as Cohan interrogates Shido. Cohan first goes over to the coffee machine, since the basement is Cohan’s Armoury. He’d give a cup of coffee to Shido and sit down with his coffee in his hands.

“Well, then let’s get started shall we?  Don’t mind the rejected cop over there.” Cohan says taking a sip of his coffee.

Shido remains silent his hang cuffs long enough for him to take the cup and drink some coffee. He’d watch Cohan while Soul continued to sulk about the rejection as the room remained silent.

“Well so, who sent you to kill Orekei a while back?” Cohan asks sitting back and relaxing as Soul finishes sulking and slap Cohan and an argument stirs up with Soul.

Shido takes this time to unravel the hand cuffs and take out a smoke bomb, before using it he’d quickly analyse the area and prepare his escape. With only one exit he’d drop the smoke bomb and take a run for it. I’d be walking over to the door to the basement, as I open the door Shido runs into me knocking me back. I’d stop his movement by summoning my scythe I’d block him from running further away.

“Shido, I’d like you to join our guild, the Paragon Veloce.” I’d ask him nicely pulling my scythe away.

“WAIT WHAT!!!” Cohan and Soul shouts in sync, running up the stairs like madmen.

“Well, this is an interesting proposal. I didn’t expect that.” Shido says as his blue hair flutters out as he changes his equipment, a black hoodie he doesn’t look much like an assassin anymore.

“Well, will you accept it?” I’d say as my scythe disappears, I’d lean on the table in the kitchen.

“Might as well, it seems fun I guess… I’m still going to kill Cohan… or maybe later.” He explains as I send him a Guild invitation.

“The guild is expanding rather quickly now.” I’d say as Shido accepts the invite.

“So where is my room?” He’d ask as he walks away from the basement entrance.

“Ummm, you can have the third floor, second room to the right. Your neighbour is Soul he’s on the room to third from the right.” I’d exclaim walking him to his room.

“Thanks, you’re a good person Orekei.” He’d say putting his arm on my shoulder then walking into his room.

I’d walk back down stairs Cohan probably left to go into his room, and Soul… probably went to his room a different way. It’s been a long day I might go and sleep now.

The Next Day…

The early morning dew by the window, the many fluttering birds chirping woke me up as I climb out of bed. I walk down stairs to see a dark room with no one in it, the lights turn on as I arrived at the base of the stairs, and I’d walk to the kitchen to prepare some food for breakfast today. My Sub-class is a Chef and its level is currently 210, allowing me to cook pretty high level food.

I’d place food around the table, placing food for everyone who’s here. I’d check the time as it 7:30AM arrives.  Everyone slowly begins to awake and arrive at the table to eat.

“Well then, this is the first time we’ve gathered together… we have Shido a new member and Yuki who’ll be staying with us.” I’d say at the table while munching on food.

“You shouldn’t talk with your mouth open and chewing on food, Orekei, it’s rude.” Sennin says wiping his lips he acted very posh.

“Ahhhaahaha, I’m sorry.” I’d say with a clear mouth.

“Well, this is an interesting breakfast.” Shido says as he looks for seconds.

“Yay! It’s a lot of fun!” Yuki says smiling and full of cheerful laughter.

“Awwhh, you’re so cute, Yuki!! Don’t ever leave me.” Misa exclaims cuddling Yuki.

“Sennin, I need you to do some investigating on the NPCs, like I talked about before they’re acting on their own. So I want to know their plans, help them out as much as possible.” I’d say to Sennin while configuring my glasses.

“Very well, I’ll do so as soon as possible.” He’d accept this task.

“Thank you.” I’d say to Sennin.

“Why do you want him to investigate the NPC?” Soul asks.

“If you haven’t noticed already, the NPCs all look like they have a mind of their own; they still give quests and all the basics. However they can still talk outside the normal scripted speech.” I’d explain to him.

“Okay… so what will you propose we do?” Misa asks diligently.

“I want to form a council with some local guilds, so we can interact with the NPCs more easily.” I’d continue to explain to them.

“So I’ll get more friends?” Yuki asks out of excitement.

“Yeah, you’ll get some new friends.” Shido says smiling over at her.

“This has turned into more of a meeting.” Cohan says after being excluded in the entire conversation.

“I guess you’re right.” Soul agrees with him.

“Well, let’s end this here, we all have our separate ways to go, I’ll be in my office if you need me.” I’d end the meeting now.

I’d walk over and pick up finished plates and being to clean them. Yuki would be left behind and walk over to me.

“What do I do now?” She’d ask looking up at me.

“I guess you can just help me out around the house for now.” I’d reply drying my hands.

“Okay,” she nods smiling.