Chapter 2 [Grimlock]

It’s been a month now from what I hear over 10 thousand people have committed suicide and have died in real life. There were approximately 100 thousand people when Fantasia first started locking everyone in here. Currently there are 90 thousand people left; it’s a sad story however we have to live with what has happened.

No one has clear the first planet yet… almost everyone has reached level 100. Today, there’ll be a meeting in the Town Square of Algelon about clearing the first planet. I’ll be going along I hope I can meet up with Soul again; it’d be nice to see how he’s going.

I walked into the Town Square, seeing places to sit and people all sitting in the rows above me. I walk up the stairs and sit next to a girl; well I presume she was a girl…

I turned on – <Burst Vision> a skill only beta testers have, it allows you to see the class, gender, equipment and levels of everyone – I look over at the girl, seeing that she was a level 100 Swashbuckler and she was a female. She was equipped with – the rapier <White Song> a rare level 100 weapon and a long sword <Black Crystal Blade> another rare level 100 weapon – those weapons level up as your character levels up, which is very rare to see.

Could she have been a beta tester? I’m 100% sure she’s not using Burst Vision though. This seems interesting…

I turn and face her, I look towards the name bar – “Yanipir” was her name – she looks at me indistinctively.

“Hello Yanipir.” I smile at her.

“How did you know my name?”

This might be proof she isn’t a beta tester.

I poke at the HP Bar and above it was my name.

“It should be around this area, everyone would be able to see your name.”

“Oh, hello… Orekei, is that how I say it?

“Yes.”

As I reply to her, a man walks onto the stage with a giant great sword and he begins to speak.

“Hello, my name is Daiki, me and my party found the tower, where the First Planet Boss is.”

Everyone begins to gasp and whisper among each other. As Daiki, pulls his hand up in front of him, everyone begins to quiet down.

“As you know we’ve all been in Fantasia for 3 Months now, and we’ve finally discovered the location. We had opened the doors and looked inside, the bosses name is <Grimlock>.”

When I heard this I remembered – <Grimlock> was a level 110 Boss Monster, that wield two weapons, a katana and when his HP dropped below 20%, he uses a cutlass that deals massive damage in a short time.

“At the time we decide not to take on the boss by ourselves, so we have planned to form groups of 2-4 in a bigger party and battle Grimlock. There is information inside your beginner book about the boss. So form groups of 2-4 and read the information inside your beginner book. We will be setting off at 10AM tomorrow; we’ll meet here at 9:30AM don’t be late.”

I turned back towards Yanipir and ask.

“Do you want to join me? It looks like everyone else knows each other.”

“Sure… I don’t mind.”

I send a party request to her; she accepted it and we went to the fountain area in Algelon. The Moon arises as the Sun sets, as I talk to her about Fantasia and if she liked this world.

“Well, this world is interesting; I just hope I don’t get bored of it too soon.”

So she’s one of those people…

“Well, I think we’ll be here for a long time now, this world is very beautiful and kind.”

“And, how did you know that?”

“I’m the beta tester from China, the only one to reach Level 1000.”

Shit… I don’t know why I told her that…

“That’s quite interesting, so did you clear all 10 planets?”

“Well, I worked with everyone who reached the top 10, other than Sweden.”

Our conversation dragged on for a long time, as people started parading and partying for finding the First Planet Boss Dungeon.

The Next Day, we walk through the forest following Daiki as I recap about the party system with Yanipir.

“You do understand how the party system works right?”

“Yeah, when you shout, “Switch,” we change places right?”

“Yes, that’s the only thing you remembered…”

“I’m sorry I wasn’t a beta tester.”

“Hahaha, however you have a pretty good equips.”

“Thanks, and we’re almost there!”

We walk into a large tower, and go towards a door. We all walk in slowly and see Grimlock, a large Dinosaur/Humanoid like monster, walking off his throne. Daiki begins to give orders and Grimlock charges towards our group.

“Team A, B and C, on the front lines, Team D, E and F, take care of his minions!”

We watch each other’s backs as we fought the minions, switching and taking turns while I cast support spells and hack and slash our ways through everything. Grimlock’s HP has dropped to 49%, he’s going to take out his cutlass now.

I see Daiki say, “Stand Back.” He runs towards Grimlock, however Grimlock takes out a – <Zweihänder> a two-handed great sword. Grimlock spins and casts a sword technique, <Hurricane Suribo> slicing through Daiki, he sends him flying into me.

“You’re a beta tester, aren’t you?” says Daiki, in a grasping for air tone.

“Take this Potion, quickly!” I exclaim…

“No, you lead them to victory, please.”

“Very well, I accept your death wish.”

Daiki smiles at me, as he shatters into fragments of glass. Everyone’s shocked face as they see him go, I turn to Yanipir as she nods and we run together at Grimlock. I cast seven support spells in a row, <Miracle Blade>, <Iron Armour>, <Ash Burst>, <Will of the Ancients>, <Blue Flame>, <Infinity Edge> and <Dream Link>. We get enchanted by these spells, as I pull out my sword and block his strike.

Yanipir jumps into the air, and slices quickly into Grimlock’s back. We paralyse Grimlock’s movement, I yell at everyone in their shock, “Come on guys! We got this!”

Grimlock’s HP slowly chipped down, 1% after the other percent. I quickly end Grimlock as I slice his head off, and shred his body, as I slam his head into his body with my staff. Grimlock dies, as the room lights up, I take several breaths as a “Congratulations!” sign pops up.

I get the last hit bonus, <Negatron Cloak> a bright white cloak, with a wood clipper to join the top. I through the crowd, as my cloak is summoned and connects around my neck as everyone yells at me in sadness, for not saving Daiki. I walk up the stairs and leave the room. That day I was given the name, “White Phantom.”

I teleport back to Algelon as I disband the party, I didn’t see Yanipir again after I left the room, I teleported to the next Planet, I see no one here after there was a System Announcement of the opening of the second planet.