James

***OMEGA TEAM ADVANCE***

-Target Located-

***OMEGA TEAM THIS IS A CAPTURE, NOT A KILL. REPEAT, CAPTURE, DO NOT KILL***

-Target Has Been Disabled-

***OMEGA TEAM REPORT***

-Target Captured, En route to The Center-

***RETURN TO CAPITAL***

-Understood. Mission statements in 6 hours. Omega Team out-

----------

"Sir! Mr. Alleghan! Allfather! The diseased has been located and taken into the center."

"Thank you...? What is your name again?" he asked.

"Betty, sir." she replied, kneeling in front of him.

"Well, Betty. Please call me James, and please stand." he said kindly, holding his hand out to her. "Why are you telling me this?"

"Sir, I was sent out by the Capitol NAM-Central command center. Their system is down so they sent me out as the designated runner, Allfather." she said taking his hand.

"Very well. Take this to the desk," he said handing her a slip of paper, "and let them know a repair team is on the way. Thank you, Betty."

"Yes, Allfather sir." she said, bowing several times as she back toward the flight of stairs.

Now where was I?

He sat at his desk skimming through the reports. There were six cases of 'disease' this month alone. Omega team would really be getting a workout in their advance ages. Now would be a good time to check in on the PBC.

"Connect me to the PBC," he said picking up the white phone on his desk.

"Pregnancy and Birth Center, NAM-Central. Helene- H2 EURO-North, speaking," the voice came through the receiver.

"This is James V. Alleghan. I'm calling to check on the status of the infants and mothers stats for the second round." he said drumming his fingers against the desk.

"Yes, Allfather. We have 92 surviving infants, and 98 mothers. Genders are: 56 male, 35 female and one undetermined. No other complications," she said flatly.

"Very well. Keep them in observation for two day before sending them back to their stations, as usual and send the undetermined to Termination & Cremation." he said casually.

"Yes, Allfather." she said as he hung up the phone.

----------

"Max, did you hear that?"

"Yeah Da, I got it. Heading up now," the woman said clearing her throat and pulling her hat down low.

"Identify." said the man standing at the gate.

"Rose, R-2 NAM-North. T&C pick-up of undetermined L3 birth." she said, keeping her head lowered and out view of the city security cameras.

"Wait here" he responded gruffly.

She stood as still as she could, but she still and to remind herself not to fidget. Not to draw attention, stay still. She had to, this was a rescue mission.

A loud klaxon sounded, and a nurse walked through the opening gate carrying a small cardboard box with a handle, the kind cats used to be carried in.

"Infant Loch- L-3 NAM-Central." she said handing the box, which was now wailing loudly, to the waiting woman.

The woman nodded, taking the box and trying to keep her pace even as she entered the large truck and drove away.