It's no longer logical, it never was when it comes to you

Yibo is persistent despite getting Zhan's message earlier that he can't make the meet the coming weekend and they settled for a video call date.
Xiao Zhan thought it must be important given that they had been distancing each other and their schedule is just impossible to align these days.

[3 mins Yibo] XZ.

Xiao Zhan tidied up his table and close his diary. In his heart he was excited yet a little afraid. He miss this person so much yet this walk that he had promised with him seems to be filled with endless challenges. Despite holding on to their promises quietly, he has not lost sight of their dream, their vision deep in his heart. Being there for him despite the complications was key for him. He knew Yibo's predicament has never been easy. He wanted to do something for him tonight - his usual way of telling Yibo to hang in there even though it need not be spoken in words sometimes.

He took out his sketch book he drew a rainbow at one end with a boy and a cat and the other end with a boy and a dog and they were both separated by the ocean with a light house in between. Even though distance separated them - he will always have a soulmate to call out to when the road ahead gets tough. As usual he hid the card and left it to the end to show him

[Counting down 30 seconds] YB

Zhan smiled...he love him so much, still the same impatient Yibo. He is at lost how should this story goes on anymore.

His phone flickered for a video call and he picked it up. They both stared at each other. It's been sometime...been so long. Their eyes met....amidst sadly that it could only be through the phone, it still feels far yet quietly they grief....what had happen? why does it have to be this way? both hearts silently communicated.

"Hello Bodi...how are you? Zhan broke the silence..
"Okay... Ge, been busy. Still the same and still the same feelings at times."
"Like my present?" Yibo asked
"Thank you" Zhan nodded and look down for a bit, He doesn't know how to respond further

Zhan knew it is difficult for Yibo - it has been demanding for him and he needs the support to continue pushing through in this line of work and sometimes you just want to breakaway for a bit to keep sane. For him to insist on a video call tonight he knows Yibo so well something must be bothering him.

"Ge..." His turn to look down
"It's been hard and tiring, just not sure how to move on"

"Mmm, sorry you had to go through so much" he wanted to say ...and I'm not there with you. but stop at that
"Look at the bright side - you have grown a lot and you are building your brand presence strongly which is good for you" Xiao Zhan consoled
"Yes i know i have all these, but ....I have been at it since I was young...I'm missing the childhood part which I found in us...I miss with you Ge .." he stopped and look at Zhan.

It was heart breaking for Zhan to see Yibo this way. Zhan didn't know how else to move as well. It was just so complicated for them but he knows he has to continue to be Yibo's pillar just as how he had been in his darkest days.

"Bodi, today I was out at the light house again..." he stopped at that. He had mention to Yibo before, a place that he found inspiration at times when he gets lost in his course of pursuit during his younger days

"I wanted to share with you what I found in my silent search today. You might think it's a little abstract and deep in and....

"I love you" Yibo interrupted without letting Zhan finished.
It was a dead silence at that instance...

"Ermine let me show you something that I " Zhan tried to break the awkwardness - he can't go on with the call like this. Zhan's heart had numbed its feelings so hard, he doesn't want to open it up again in front of Yibo.