Chapter 8: You kissed me, Arthit💋

Arthit's POV
"That's okay. Hi, I am Kongpob!"

"Oh. I am-I am Arthit"

"So, that's your name.

I have never seen you here before. Are you new to the area?"

"I just had some work here, so I decided to stop by and play some games. Can you, may be help me set this one up, I am new to this"

"Sure. If you let me play with you."

For the next hour, I sat there playing games with Kong. It felt nice, to share something tangible with him. To be able to meet outside of the four walls of the apartment. To be able to touch him without having to call out his name every time.

I checked the time and it was already 7 in the evening.

"Ah. I think I should leave now. I have taken too much of your time already. Thank you for helping me."

Just as I got up, Kongpob pulled my hand and stopped me. "Wait Arthit, I taught you this game, shouldn't you at least treat me to a dinner? I know a really nice noodle place nearby."

All he eats is simple and bland food. Whats the point of even going to a nice noodle place?

"O-Okay. Sure. Lets go."

We walked to the restaurant, found a table, and the waitress soon came by to take our order.

"Hi! What would you like to order"

"I'll take the spicy garlic noodles with pink milk. You'll have the clear soup with meatballs and iced coffee. Right Kong?"

Kongpob gave me a confused smile. "Yes, that's right Arthit. But how did you know that?"

I felt like dear caught in the headlights.

Dammit. Arthit. You had one job and you botched it already.

Think. Think. Think.

"Umm. I just took a wild, wild guess actually. You look like the kind of person who likes clear soup and meatballs. Did I really get it right?"

"Yes. Yes, you did actually"

The waitress finally left and I sighed of relief.

"You know Arthit, I really like it when you call me Kong."

Did I just call him Kong?

"I am sorry I said that. I just —"

"You don't need to apologise for it Arthit. You can call me Kong."

He smiled.

This Kong right in front of me might look a little different from the 2020 Kong in my apartment, but their smile was exactly the same.

The smile that made me want to kiss him.

We finished our dinner and walked out. It was already dark outside and the alleys were dimly lit.

"Actually Kong, we met at Bangkok University a few months ago. Obviously you might not remember me, but—"

"Of course, I remember. How could I ever forget you?"

"You.. you do? Why didn't you say anything?"

He chuckled. "I thought it would sound lame if I said I remember meeting you for 60 seconds over 6 months ago"

"No, you know what would be lame? If you remembered meeting me for 60 seconds even after 3 years."

"What does that mean?"