Chapter 32: We Have a Plan

Arthit's POV

What papers is Kongpob even talking about?

"Kongpob, what—"

"Okay then, Uncle Thipat . We'll leave you to it.

Arthit, lets go. We still have that dinner to go to"

Before I could even say anything, Kongpob pulled my hand and dragged me out of the house.

"Do you want to go have dinner somewhere close? I am sure you know all about the restaurants around here. The security team will probably be finished by the time we are done with dinner."

"Uhh sure. There's a good restaurant 10 minutes from here. We can walk. But Kongpob, you need to first tell me about the papers you kept in my dad's study. We should take them with us."

"Lets keep walking". After a while, Kongpob finally spoke up. "There no papers Arthit"

"What do you mean?"

"It means, there is nothing useful in your dad's study except an empty envelope that says 'Confidential' on it. I only told Uncle Thipat that to check whether he really has your best interest at heart or not."

I stopped right where I was. "Kong, I told you I trust Uncle Thipat. You didn't have to do all this"

Kongpob smiled at me and intertwined our hands together. "I know, but we still need to confirm. Otherwise all this process of resetting and re-wiring security in the house would be for nothing. I really hope you are right, Arthit but we need to confirm it"

We finally arrived at the restaurant and I was still unsure about what to say, so I just checked the menu and ordered dinner.

Kongpob was the one who finally spoke up. "Are you angry at me? I am sorry if I crossed the line Arthit. I am just really very worried about you."

I looked up at him and sighed deeply. "I am not angry Kong, I know you are just trying to look out for me. Though I would like you to keep me in loop when you do something like this again."

"I will. I promise.

By the way, I already sent your mother's hospital documents and the files Uncle Lam shared to the lawyers. He is my dad's closest friend, so we can trust him. I was thinking we could meet him at my house. You could come by for dinner?"

"You-Your house? Fo-For dinner? Kong, I am not so sure. Why don't we just go to the lawyer's office?"

"Because your dad might still be tracking you. We have just removed all the trackers from the house. What if he sends someone to trail you? We don't want him to know you are already talking to lawyers. Not yet. My house would be the safest place. Plus, mom and dad really want to meet you too.

"Meee? Why? What did you tell them about me, Kong?"

Kongpob laughed. "Arthit, they met you when you came by the house, remember? They thought you were nice and thoughtful for helping me. My dad does not know all the details, but I did give him some information about your dad's case and he helped me get in touch with the lawyers. I hope that's okay?"

"Yeah. I guess."

We finished our dinner and went back to the house to check up on security team. Everything was already setup and the new house help had started rearranging the house again.

Mom also came back just when I was about to leave. "Did you find something in the house, Arthit?"

"Nothing that I didn't expect to find mom. You don't have to worry about anything. I'll take care of it all"