Chapter 34: I Will Kill You, Arthit

Arthit's POV
"We think your uncle found out about your dad's fraud dealings and he got paid off by your dad to quietly leave the company — which he did"

"Wait this doesn't make any sense. He gave me the documents that actually helped us build our case. If he was on dad's side, he would never do that."

"May be its because of money?" the lawyer tried to reason.

"But then, he would have blackmailed dad with these documents and never given them to me. I did ask for his helped, but I never expected anything in return. I never in specifically asked him to look it dad's finances"

"May be he is just seeking redemption for his behavior." Mom finally spoke up. "I always considered Lam as my brother, but I never thought he would break my trust because of some money. I could have given him the money. All he had to do was ask. We wouldn't be here right now if he had just been honest with me 10 years ago."

"Mom, I am going to talk to Uncle Lam and get to the bottom of this"

"I wouldn't recommend that, Arthit" the lawyer advised. "We need to keep all this information between us only and not discuss it with anyone else until we have officially filed our case.

I am going to prepare the divorce papers and try to schedule a meeting with Mr Rojnapat tomorrow itself. Here is what we will be offering him — Your home in Macau and 30 million baht. But we'll ask for 15-20 days to make the transfer. He'll probably be in jail by that time, if everything goes well."

"How are we going to make dad attend the meeting?"

"That's my job Arthit, you don't have to worry about that.

For now, Mrs Rojnapat, I would just like you to sign all these papers which would put all of your assets in Arthit's name. That way, these assets won't get entangled in your divorce proceedings.

Once we move forward with the fraudulent charges against your husband, there is a slim chance some of your bank accounts and other assets might get freezed too.

"Yes, of course." Mom signed a whole stack of papers.

The more papers she signed, the more nervous I got. It felt like I didn't deserve all that. I was still scared of what dad might do once he finds out the company has been put under my name. 

"Okay, we are all set now Mrs Rojnapat. You should just go home, relax, and come back tomorrow with a positive state of mind. While I'll try my best, the meeting can go either way, so we want to be prepared."

Kongpob's POV

We left the meeting and dropped Arthit's mom at house. But Arthit.. he looked like he had a lot on his mind.

"So, how about I take my newly rich boyfriend out for an ice cream? Don't worry, I'll pay for it, Arthit. It might be hard to believe but I am not after you for your money."

He chuckled. "Stop being over dramatic Kong, lets just go"

I bought Arthit his favourite ice cream, at least I thought it was his favourite. But even that failed to amp up Arthit's mood.

"Hey Arthit, I have a good news and a great news. What do you want to hear first?"

Arthit looked up. "Ah, good news, I guess?"

"Uncle Thipat passed the test. Not only did he not check the envelope, he also didn't let any of the new staff members enter the study.

"Really? Whats the great news then?"