28 ✴️

800 reads! I HaD LiEk 600 eArLiEr

Dude that's wild-

✴️ c a t a s t r o p h i c ✴️

11:27 pm

Yoonsu and Donghyuck sat on the same bench. The surrounding was silent, only the crashing of waves could be heard along with the flowing of the cold air. The shining circular moon hung like a locket over the city, casting white-pearly reflections on the crashing blackish blue water. Yoonsu expelled a breath, causing the boy to transfer his gaze from the night sky to the girl.

As he looked at her, the lights beamed down on her, her long lashes casting shadows on her cheekbones. Her nose quite red and her lips more rosy.
The boy cleared his throat, "Do you want to," he spoke "Let it all out?"

There was this hesitant look on Yoonsu's features, "I-Is it okay for you?" She stammered out, her voice shaky from all of that crying earlier. Donghyuck let out a low and husky chuckle, "I should be the one asking you that"

Yoonsu peered at the boy through her damp lashes, she cleared her throat. "They aren't my parents," The girl declared quite sharply, the pain in her voice was clear. Donghyuck froze the moment he heard her words.

Just by that, it already made sense to him

"I am not Mrs. Kim"

Haeji's words replayed in his mind as he stared at her. "No wonder I was way too different from them" She let out a humorless laugh, tucking her hair behind her ears to keep it away from blocking her vision. Tears, again, burned the back of her eyes.

"I feel so unwanted..." She stared at the ground. Yoonsu's heart felt as if it had shrunk to a size of a tiny, hard stone inside her chest, thumping slowly and painfully.

I won't cry. I shouldn't cry.

Yoonsu thought, but her emotions got the best of her as she started sobbing again. Tears welling up in her now red sunken eyes, it escaped in a swift movement.
"I just don't know what to think a-anymore" Yoonsu choked on her own tears, "Shh. Don't cry, I'm here." Donghyuck shushed her as he slid his arms around her, placing her head on his shoulders

Yoonsu hardly cry in front of anyone, but this was way too much for her to handle.

"I think I couldn't forgive them," she sobbed, "For lying to me, for hiding such truth behind my back" Yoonsu ranted.

Donghyuck on the other hand, listened to her rant carefully while patting her hair soothingly. "You will," The boy's voice cut through the air. "You will eventually forgive them for what they've done, your heart takes time to heal" Donghyuck remarked as Yoonsu found his explanation accurate, she nodded her head silently. Closing her eyes, she felt warmth enclosing her again.

"Aren't you going home?" Donghyuck asked, his voice softer. "No" Yoonsu whispered, her voice barely audible but gladly, Donghyuck heard it.

"You can stay at my house for the time being" The boy declared generously, causing the girl's eyes to widen.

"A-Are you sure? But-"
"Let's go"

Yoonsu hesitated once again, but she doesn't have energy to even argue. Nodding her head, Donghyuck slowly sat up from the bench, he held his hands out and Yoonsu gladly took it.

✴️

The door of Donghyuck's house opened, they were greeted by the cold air. It was quiet inside since the other boys were sleeping. Both of them walked in, their feet thudding against the floor.

Donghyuck closed the door behind him as he whispered to Yoonsu, "We have an empty room, you can sleep there" He said with a smile. "Thanks" Yoonsu smiled back

Donghyuck brought Yoonsu to the empty room he was talking about.

"Just wake me up if you need anything, the third door" The boy declared as Yoonsu nodded in acknowledgment, thanking him once again. "I'll let you borrow my hoodie, I'll be right back"
Donghyuck exited the room, leaving Yoonsu as she glanced around the quiet room, she walked towards the bed before sitting down and a sigh left her lips.

Minutes passed, Donghyuck entered the room once again with a blue hoodie in his hands.

He handed it to her as the girl took it.

Donghyuck already left her alone. She was wearing the blue hoodie which Donghyuck gave to her, it was way too big for her but she didn't care since it was comfortable.

She sank into the bed as she gripped onto the blanket whilst staring at the white ceiling above her.

30 minutes already passed but Yoonsu couldn't sleep.
She sat up and scanned the dark room. She hesitantly stood up and walked towards the door, resting her fingers onto the handle before twisting it open.

Yoonsu walked and searched for Donghyuck's room, trying not to make any sound. Finally, she found his room and quietly knocked on his door twice.
It took a while before it opened, revealing Donghyuck.

He wore a red and white striped shirt, his hair was damp and messy, and glasses laying on the bridge of his nose firmly. He looked very casual.
"Do you need something? Anything wrong?" Donghyuck spoke as the girl expelled a sigh, "I can't sleep" Yoonsu remarked and looked at her bare feet.

Donghyuck hummed, "Come in"
Yoonsu was taken aback and was about to protest but then Donghyuck already turned around and got further into his room.

Yoonsu just stepped in, closing the door behind her. She took little steps and glanced around his room, it was surprisingly clean. "Come here, Yoon" Yoonsu heard him say as she glanced at him, he patted the empty space beside him on his bed. She gulped and walked towards him before sitting on the corner of his bed.

Donghyuck gently pulled her towards him, "Do you want me to sing a song for you?"
He asked as Yoonsu nodded, not saying a word. Donghyuck smiled and started singing.

His melodious voice rang in the air, it was smooth and can put anyone to sleep in just a second. She glanced up at him as he sang effortlessly with his eyes closed.

She admired his features, how could he be this good looking?

"Darling I, will be loving you, 'til we're 70~"

The song almost came to came as Yoonsu found herself sleepy. She cuddled closer to him, arms wrapped around his stomach. Donghyuck smiled and gazed down at her sleepy figure.

"Sleep tight, love"

✴️ c a t a s t r o p h i c ✴️

So I didn't expect that this chapter would be this long but,

🤷🏻‍♀️

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the book so far💚