32 ✴️

To love is to destroy,
And that to be loved is to be the one destroyed.

✴️ c a t a s t r o p h i c ✴️

Donghyuck can no longer endure the pain, he spun around, grabbing the door handle and twisting it open. He slid past the door, leaving the other boys inside the house, stunned.

"W-What would happen if he couldn't find her?" Jisung asked, his hands trembling in anxiousness.

"Don't worry," Renjun looked calm despite the situation. He raked his hands through his hair and gazed at the open door.

"He will find her"

✴️

Donghyuck panted as he ran, cold air whipping past him. The throbbing and stinging pain was still there, it didn't disappear.

It seemed like the world was spinning, his vision blurry, making it hard for him to run. He felt lightheaded, nauseous. He couldn't even register where he was going. His heart was thumping rapidly against his chest as blood rushed through his veins.

The moon hung up on the night sky, its light illuminating down and casted pearly silver stars on the black looking water under the dark sky.

He was in despair, he couldn't believe this was happening again

He wanted her, he needed her in his life. Above all of that, he loved her

He didn't know where she was, but he knew she was still alive, he could sense it. He knew she was in pain and he could feel it deep inside his bones.

"Y-Yoon, where a-are you?" Donghyuck whispered to himself, he felt like his lungs wasn't working anymore, his body felt numb. But then again, silence.

He scanned the dark place despite his blurry vision, and as expected, emptiness surrounded him. He breathed out. He couldn't concentrate, images flowed in front of his eyes. Thinking about those worst-case scenarios over and over again. The worst part, He doesn't know where she is.

Yoon please, where are you?

Silence.

Donghyuck cried out, he felt a knife digging and dragging across his thigh, then again, it wasn't his own pain.

"Shit" He hissed through his gritted teeth as he stopped running, fists clenching and unclenching at his sides. He tried to ignore the pain but he couldn't.

He ran his hands through his messy and tangled hair as he poked his tongue in his cheeks.

He lost his hope, he couldn't find her. The pain was unbearable.

Donghyuck suddenly felt like something was tugging at his finger. He transferred his gaze on his hand, seeing the same string, the same silky string that he saw before.

Red string, He thought

It slowly became clear to his eyes, the string slowly made its way to a dark place as Donghyuck's eyes trailed from his hands towards the string.

Donghyuck forcefully dragged himself, following the string.

It led him inside a dimly lit basement, the light flickered and seemed to fade. He blinked furiously, eyes adjusting to the dimness. He scanned the place and soon landed on a figure. It was tied on a chair with heavy looking chains, it shimmered under the faint light. Its head was hung low, and metallic blood pooled below the chair.

He slowly moved towards the figure, the weird thing is, the string was directed on the figure. But then, he felt something clicking in his mind like a switch. He realized who she was.

"Yoon" Donghyuck ran to her. As soon as he was in front of the girl, she slowly looked up at him, her eyes were glistening with tears, cheeks were red, scratches and bruises were displayed on her skin. Her eyes looked swollen.

Donghyuck saw blood oozing out from her wounds, they were deep, he could tell.

"H-Hyuck" Yoonsu's voice was barely audible, something less than a whisper. Donghyuck could taste the metallic blood in his throat. Tears welled up in Donghyuck's eyes, "What happened to you?" His voice was stiff.

Yoonsu's hair fell over her face, "G-Get out of h-here, hyuck. P-Please" She managed to whisper through her sore throat. Even breathing was painful for her.

"I'm not going anywhere, I'll get you out of here." Donghyuck quickly scrambled on his feet and tried to free her from the chains

"Oh, you arrived"

A low voice echoed through the painfully quiet basement, a figure approached them from the shadows. His identity was slowly revealed as he walked, the faint light illuminated on his face.

"I was about to finish her off with this" He chuckled lowly, Donghyuck saw something shimmering in his hands.

Dagger

Donghyuck stepped forward, seeing the boy scraping the dried blood off of the dagger with his fingers.

The boy's eyes locked with Donghyuck's. They were oddly familiar, the rest of his features were hidden under the black mask he was wearing

"Who are you?" Donghyuck slightly yelled, anger laced within his voice. The boy chuckled once again, taking another step forward.

He slowly took off his mask, he smirks

"I'm Lee Dohyun. Nice to meet you again, blood brother"

✴️ c a t a s t r o p h i c ✴️

Sjlshsksjsj

I- 🤡