Part 1.3

Aaron sat down on his bed. "Melissa," he grunted. "Why can't I listen to what's going on?"

She just smiled. "Don't worry. I'll tell you after we're done. For now, you should sleep." In her mind, she was counting on the fact that he will sleep. "You must be very tired."

He yawned. "How—how about you?"

"I have to talk with. . ." She cringed. "Toby. I'll be back in a jiffy. If you need anything, just tell Rowan. I'll call him up here."

"Alright." He lay down on his bed, which was beside the empty one. Melissa looked at that bed, where Aphmau will be staying for a while. Melissa hoped that they could both exchange a few words, at least.

She walked to the door and turned off the lights. Then she left the room.

Melissa settled in with Katelyn, Lucinda, Garroth, Zane, and Kawaii~Chan in the living room. Everyone found a place to sit in the couch. She inconspicuously saw Kawaii~Chan lean on Zane's shoulder. He patted her head.

Despite the somber mood, she couldn't help but feel a bit more giddy, but not too much that her werewolf ears and tail would show. Another group of love birds to cheer on.

Toby stood in front of them. He took a deep breath. "How are you guys doing?"

"Fine," Melissa answered.

"It's been quite a long time since I last visited." He managed a small smile. "But why are you still in the lodge? I thought you guys already moved back."

"Not everyone's ready to face what's going to happen." She leaned back on the soft backrest of the couch. "I figured it would be best to stay on one of our lodges for a few months or so. And there's still Travis and Aphmau."

Katelyn snorted. She locked eyes with Toby. "Where's Travis? And Aphmau? Are—are they alright?"

"That reminds me." The GF captain sighed. "They've been doing well in the hospital during the past few months. However. . ."

Melissa tensed.

". . .Aphmau came down with nightmares, I guess. She was crying a lot and the next day, we found her hugging the wolf plush. The doctors were very concerned."

Figures, Melissa thought to herself, trying to maintain being professional. But the others had different reactions.

"Aphmau having nightmares?" Kawaii~Chan asked.

"So that means she's going to be staying longer in that place?" Katelyn exclaimed. "All the more she needs to get out of there! Where's the good news in that? She's been in that place for too long and—"

"Katelyn." Lucinda soothed her calmly. "Calm down. Let him speak."

Toby closed his eyes for a brief moment. Then he opened them again. "The doctors didn't give us any word. If everything's alright, then Aphmau will be here by next week."

Despite the—somehow—good news, the place hadn't changed it's mood. Melissa guessed that it would be this tense until everyone was safe and alright and to be honest, she felt the same way.

"What about Travis?" Katelyn asked him.

"He's going to be here by next week. We'll be doing some final checkups and questioning while we finalize everything else," Toby said. "I can assure you they're been doing well."

"They better," Melissa heard Katelyn mutter to herself.

"Anyway, that's all. I'm going to head out now. They need me."