• Chapter 2 •

We all stepped inside of her state room and Aunt Amelia shut the door behind her, locking it. Amelia started to somewhat scold the Doctor for speaking about the treasure in earshot of the crew.

I decided I would try to talk to Jim. I made my way over to him, trying to tell myself to breath and that it would be fine. I was so worried about making a good impression. In fact I was so worried and lost in my thoughts that I had continued walking towards him and straight into him. I stumbled back.

"Oh my- I'm so sorry. The names (Y/n), nice to meet you." I said putting out my hand to shake his.

"It's all cool, I'm Jim" He took my hand and shook it with a firm grip. I blushed and smiled at him.

"May I see the map, please?" Amelias voice brought us back to her conversation.

Jim looked at Dr. Doppler and shrugged. He pulled the map out of the pocket of his brown jacket that matched his hair perfectly and threw it to Amelia. She caught it in one hand and looked at it,

"Hmm. Fascinating..." She said.

I agreed, it looked very interesting, not like any other map i've seen. It was a small golden ball with some intricate designs on it. Amelia walked over to a cabinet and opened it up.

"Mr. Hawkins, in the future, you will address me as 'Captain' or 'ma'am'. Is that clear?" She said placing the map into a small box in the cabinet.

Jim sighed and rolled his eyes, "Ugh..." he said under his breath.

Amelia looked over her shoulder, "Mr. Hawkins?" She rose an eyebrow.

"Yes ma'am" he said reluctantly.

"That'll do" She said closing the cabinet and locking it using a key. She turned to Dr. Doppler and Jim, "Gentlemen, this must be kept under lock and key when not in use. And, Doctor, again, with the greatest possible respect," She got real close to his face, "zip your howling screamer."

Jim and I both laughed at her comment and she gave us a death stare which immediately shut us both up.

"Captain, I assure you-" Dr. Doppler tried to speak.

"Let me make this as...monosyllabic as possible. I don't much care for this crew you hired" She said sitting in her chair at her desk. "They're...how did I describe them, Arrow?" She said looking over at Mr. Arrow.

"A ludicrous parcel of driveling galoots, ma'am" Mr. Arrow said calmly.

Amelia looked back at Dr. Doppler, "There you go, poetry."

"Now see here-" he said trying to sound intimidating, which wasn't going very well.

Amelia once again barely let him speak, "Doctor I'd love to chat, tea, cake, the whole shebang, but I have a ship to launch and you've got your outfit to buff up" She flicked his metal suit.

Amelia turned to me, "(Y/n) dear, you know this ship inside out. Would you escort these two men to the galley? Yourself and Mr. Hawkins will be working for our cook, Mr. Silver."

My heart sank, I thought i'd be doing something important here. Then Aunt Amelia comes out with this. I'd be working for the cook. So essentially a cabin girl. I was capable of so much more, I knew it.

Jim spoke up as I stood there in shock, "W-What? The cook?".

I snapped out of my thoughts, "Aunt- I mean Captain Amelia, The cook? really? I could do so much more. Why?".

"Now (Y/n) dear, this is your first voyage. You have to work your way to the top. It won't be handed to you." She said sincerely.

I huffed because I knew she was right. We were walking down the stairs to meet Mr. Silver when the doctor spoke,

"That woman, that feline! Who does she think is working for whom?"

"It's my map!" Jim said pointing to himself, "and she's got me busting tables", he complained.

"First of all, that's my aunt and the best captain you'll ever meet, I don't want a bad word of her coming from you too." I said pointing at the two. "Plus I'm her niece, and she's making me a cabingirl!" I crossed my arms. Jim chuckled looking at me. "What?!" I asked.

"You're completely contradicting yourself there Miss. (Y/L/n)." He said smiling.

"Whatever...call me (Y/n). I hate being called Miss, it makes me feel old." I said as we arrived at the galley.

I looked ahead to see Mr. Silver whistling while he worked. I had already met him beforehand.

"Why (N/n), bringing in such fine and distinguished gents to grace my humble galley. Had I known i'd have tucked in me shirt." He said tucking his shirt into his trousers.

I heard Jim whisper something to himself, "Ah a Cyborg!". I didn't know what it was about but I didn't say anything.

"Mr. Silver, I'd like to introduce Dr. Doppler, he is the financier of our voyage" I gestured for the Doctor to say something.

"Love the outfit Doc." Silver said pointing to his metal suit using a laser from his cyborg eye.

"Well, thank you. Um...love the eye." The Doctor responded. "This young lad is Jim Hawkins" He said pulling Jim forward, it seemed like he just wanted the attention off himself.

Silver put out his cyborg arm, though there was tools and things instead of a hand at the end of the arm. "Jimbo!"

Jim looked down suspiciously at the tools. Silver looked down, laughed and changed it back to a hand. Jim looked at the hand and back up at silver, keeping his hands in his pockets.

"Jim! No need to be rude." I said nudging him. He just scoffed.

"Now don't be too put off by this hunk of hardware..." Silver continued talking while cooking something.

I wasn't really paying attention to what he was saying. I found myself staring at Jim, not in a creepy way or anything. I was just admiring him, but he realised I was looking at him and looked straight at me. I felt extremely awkward and looked down at my feet, I think he smiled though.