• Chapter 23 •

"If you don't mind, we'd just as soon avoid prison. Little Morphy here, he's a free spirit. Being in a cage, it would break his heart" Silver continued, pleading for us to let him go.

I was ready to leave him go, I wasn't sure about Jim though. "What do you say Jim?" I elbowed Jim, giving him a look that said 'please'. Jim sighed, but a smile arose in his expression. He opened the hatch and untied the boat.

"Oh! What say you ship out with us lass and lad? You and me, Hawkins, (Y/L/n) and Silver full of ourselves and no ties to anyone!" Silver turned to us, excited.

I knew I wasn't going to be able to take him up on that offer but I felt my heart drop as I thought about Jim. This was a nice opportunity for Jim, maybe not as great as the interstellar academy but it might still be something he wanted. At first I hoped he would say no but after a second I realised, whatever made Jim happy, I would accept. I turned and looked at Jim, he was smiling.

"I'd love to Silver. Believe me I really would. I could never do that to my Aunt." I smiled at him.

"You know, when I got on this ship, I would've taken you up on that offer in a second but I met this old cyborg and he taught me uh that I could chart my own course. That's what i'm gonna do." Jim said as he played with Morph. "I also happened to meet, someone. Someone who's special to me, I could never leave her. I've realised when you find something good, never let it go. I won't let her go."Jim took my hand and squeezed it.

"Ah!" Silver smiled at me, "And Jim, what do you see off that bow of yours?".

"A future." Jim replied simply.

"What's the plan for Ms. (N/n) then?" Silver turned to me.

"I'm going to be just like my parents and Aunt. I'm gonna be the captain on a ship like this, one day. Maybe if he's lucky enough, Jim will be my first mate." I teased, nudging Jim. "I thought I just wasn't good enough for it, but this journey and you, have shown me that I am good enough. So, I thank you Silver."

Silver smiled at the two of us, "You two are something special, Jim and (Y/n). You're gonna rattle the stars, you are." He said, getting teary eyed which made me start crying.

Silver brought the two of us into a big hug. He pulled away and cleared his throat, "Just got a bit of grease in this cyborg eye of mine." He laughed as he wiped away his tears.

Morph looked at the teary eyed pair, that was Jim and I. The little pink shape-shifter began to sob.

"Oh no Morph don't cry! You're gonna make me cry again." I said petting him.

"Aw don't worry little guy. We'll see you around, okay?" Jim reassured him.

"See ya round." Morph repeated, then floated back over to Silver and sat down on his hand.

"Morphy, I got a job for ya. I need you to keep an eye on these here pups. Shouldn't be too hard, heaven knows they're inseparable. Will you do me that, for a favour?" Silver said, getting emotional again.

Morph got really excited and said, "Aye-aye Captain!" then flew back over to us.

Silver hopped into the longboat, "Oh and one more thing! This is for your dear mother Jimbo, to rebuild that Inn of hers!" He threw some gold and gems at Jim.

He must had saved them from treasure planet. It was so lovely of him to do that, Jim had told me that he was so worried about his mothers Inn. The treasure would definitely help.

"Stay out of trouble, ya old scallywag." Jim smiled down at him.

"I'm gonna miss you Silver." I said as I felt my self getting emotional again, a tear rolling down my cheek.

"We'll meet again!" Silver shouted as he flew off, waving his hat at us. Jim put his free hand around me, we waved and watched as he flew away.

We began to walk back up to my Aunt and the doctor, "I'm glad you decided to stay Jim." I looked over at him.

"I wouldn't be able to bring myself to leave without you, (Y/n). You'd probably fall off the edge of a ship, and have no one to catch you." He teased.

"Hey, I caught you when you almost fell on treasure planet! I'm not the only clumsy one" I retorted.

"You're kinda cute when you're mad. Also you fell off the edge of the ship because you were showing off, I fell because of an explosion." Jim said.

Morph flew around me, "Showing off. Showing off. Showing off." He kept repeating.

"I was not showing off! And i'm not cute..." I huffed crossing my arms.

"You were definitely showing off, right Morph?" Jim continued teasing me and Morph nodded agreeing with him. "And you're definitely cute." He poked my side, making me laugh a little. "Wait. You're ticklish?" He asked with a look of mischief.

"No. I'm not. Not at all. I don't know what you're talking about." I lied.

"Wow, ticklish and a terrible liar." He smirked and leaned closer. Then he started tickling me all over.

"Jim...stop...I...swear...to...the...gods!" I shouted at him through laughs. I finally pushed him off me.

"Alright, alright. I'm finished" He said putting his hands up in surrender.

"I'll get you back for that." I said smugly.

"I'd like to see you try..."Jim said cheekily.

"Oh yeah?" I asked. He was staring into my eyes smiling so while he wasn't paying attention I kicked his foot and tripped him up. He fell straight onto the ground. He rolled over to look up at me. "I told you, i'd get you". I said as I extended my hand towards him, to help him back up.

"Seems you did, clumsy cutie." He said as he took my hand. The name embarrassed me again, and distracted me. So much so that while I blushed, instead of using my hand to pull himself up, he pulled me down.

I fell on top of Jim, which only made me extremely flustered. "Wow, what was the point in that? I just fell on top of you, how is this any better than just falling on the floor." Our faces were extremely close.

"Oh I think this is much better." He said, I could feel his breath on my cheek. My face began to heat up.

"W-W....J-Jim" I stuttered, barely getting out any words. I tried to speak again but before I did Jim placed his lips on mine. I was not expecting it, I felt butterflies in my stomach. I probably turned a deeper shade of red than before. How is this boy so smooth?!

The kiss was a little longer than usual, but no complaints from me. He ran his fingers through my hair. After a few blissful moments I pulled away from him, smiling. I stood up and helped him up for real this time. I made sure my hair was neat and brushed down my clothes. I was still quite flustered.

"You are really something, Jim" I giggled.

"What can I say?" He shrugged jokingly.