• Chapter 20 •

I put the two wires Jim had been messing with back. I worked on getting the ship going, asking Jim to pass me one of the wires every now and then. I knew exactly what I was doing. Jim just watched me in amazement as I worked.

Suddenly the engines on the ship started working. "Got it!" I said.

We both stood up and Jim took the wheel, sure I knew a lot about the ships, it doesn't mean I would've been the best sailor.

"Yes (Y/n)! We are so out of here!" Jim yelled, excited as he turned the ship around, to go towards the door.

"Yess!" I exclaimed.

I was filled with hope for it only to be shredded away within seconds as I heard Silver call from behind us.

"Ah kids! What a team you two make? Aren't yous the seventh wonder of the universe." Silver said as he came walking towards Jim and I.

Jim quickly grabbed a sword from the treasure beside us and pointed it at Silver, "Get back!".

"Silver why can't you let us be happy for literally a second?" I screamed, standing just slightly behind Jim, facing Silver.

His face was engulfed in an angry expression, "I like you, lad and lass-".

"Sure you do!" I yelled, my words dripping with sarcasm.

He glared at me then continued. "But i've come too far to let you two kids stand between me and my treasure...." He said in a low tone, as he etched closer and closer to Jim and I.

Jim was still holding the sword up to Silver but I could see his hands begin the shake. I was going to grab the sword off him but then, suddenly, the ship was blasted. I almost tumbled off the ship, luckily grabbing onto the edge and hoisting myself back onto the deck. The blaster was still cutting through the ship.

Silver was on small a metal platform hanging onto the edge of the ship. The blaster was about to destroy me and the treasure.

"Oh no you don't!" Silver shouted, using all his strength to pull the ship closer to the metal platform and away from the blasters laser. I was unsure if he did it to save his treasure or to save me. I hoped it wasn't just his treasure, as much as I would deny it, I still missed Silver.

Then, amongst all the chaos, something hit me. Not literally, but figuratively, Where in the world was Jim?! I frantically searched the place with my eyes, but I couldn't see him anywhere. I felt myself begin to panic. As I was desperately skimming through everywhere in this place I finally spotted him.

However, it wasn't good, not all all. Jim was on one of the pieces of machinery. He was only holding on by a thread and it didn't look like he could hold on much longer.

I screamed in horror at the sight of Jim, just barely hanging on. "JIM!". Silver looked at me, confused. I hopped out of the ship and onto the platform Silver was standing on. I looked at Jim.

"Jimbo", Silver whispered, his voice laced with concern.

"Silver please." I said putting out my hand. "If you hold onto me, i'll reach out to Jim." I said, brows furrowing. Silver looked at his treasure, then at Jim then back to me. "Please..." I pleaded, on the brink of tears. He simply nodded and grabbed onto my arm, holding onto the ship with his other arm. Of course he had to hold onto his treasure.

I quickly reached out towards Jim as far as I could, "Jim! Reach out for me!".

He put his hand out towards mine, but he couldn't reach. Our hands were so close to touching, but just not close enough. "I-I can't!" Jim yelled, almost slipping and falling further.

"Jim please, just a little further!" I begged.

"(Y/n), I can't!" He said as he looked like he was going to give up.

"No...no!" I turned to face Silver. "Silver. Let go of the boat please! Please, for Jim!". I knew if he did, then I'd be able to reach Jim.

He looked over at the treasure then back at Jim once again. He sighed. "Oh, blast me for a fool!" He yelled as he let go of the ship full of treasure.

That allowed me to quickly slide closer to Jim, while still holding onto Silver. I caught onto Jim's hand just as he was about to fall to his death.

Silver hauled the two of us back onto the platform. We all stared as the ship was blown to smithereens by the blaster. Treasure was flying everywhere.  Jim shielded me from the flying treasure with his arms.

Jim grabbed my hand and the three of us ran as fast as we could, out of the door.

"Silver you gave up-"Jim said, shocked.

"Just a lifelong obsession, Jim. I'll get over it." Silver said interrupting Jim as he petted little Morph, smiling.

As Silver was having his little moment with Morph, I turned to face Jim. I was going to say something but before I had the chance, he pressed his lips to mine, igniting sparks within my heart. My breath hitched as we parted. He put his hand to my face, and I placed my hand over his.

"What would I do without you?" He chuckled.

"Probably die." I joked.

I couldn't help but smile, I still had Jim and Silver wasn't as heartless as he has tried to make himself seem for the past few days. I was so happy that he helped me save Jim. I don't know what I would of done, if he had well...died. I was so relieved that Silver did have good left inside him.

The feeling of relief was cut short by the realisation of the fact that we still had to get off this planet before it blew up.