4

"...From today on, there is a new rule! You will not be allowed to have your hands on top of the table, to prevent silly actions from occurring." Germany shot a glare at America, who quickly put his hands under the table. "Hopefully this should help us focus on the problems we need to solve," Germany quietened his voice, just before the meeting was started.

Everyone took their turn in looking around the room, thinking that it was weird not seeing anyone's hands fidgeting with a pen or a bottlecap. Germany's idea was sort of working; everyone was relatively focused, and there was no chaos occurring in the room... yet.

England looked at America, who seemed to be taking this 'rule' pretty well, which was weird, considering how he always has to be distracted by something to keep his train of thought straight. He was watching Germany talk, concentrating. He turned back to Germany, listening.

The second Germany turned his back, France reached out his hand and grabbed England's, holding it in his. England turned red, and retaliated, trying to wiggle his hand away. "France! We're in a bloody meeting! What the hell?!" He whisper-shouted, trying not to get the German's attention. France simply smirked back at him, tightening his grip around the Brit's hand.

"Haha! England is totally a tomato!"

"AMERICA! SHUT IT!"

At this point, all eyes in the room were on France and England.

"Get your hands off each other, you can do whatever you want when the meeting is over-" "HE TOUCHED ME FIRST!" "But you never touched back-" "SHUT UP FROG."

Germany and England both exhaled in unison, England's sigh being a lot heavier. The Brit stood up, meaning Frances hand slipped off of his, and he silently walked out of the room, feeling everyone's eyes burning through his back.

He closed the door behind him, and sunk against the wall, burying his burning face in his arms. Of course France would do such a thing. Holding his hand in the middle of a meeting where EVERYONE could see. Or maybe if he hadn't reacted like that nobody would've known, but he would've had to hold his hand for the rest of the meeting.

The whole thought made his head spin. He suddenly missed the soft warmth of the Frenchman's hand, but someone opening the door made him lift his head and come out of his thoughts. His face cooled completely as he looked up to see who it was.

"Why are you here, frog?"

France sat down beside him. "Germany told me to leave early so I could find you and 'apologize for my actions.'" He imitated Germany on the last part, making quotation marks with his fingers. "I don't see what I did wrong , though." He winked.

"You disrupted the whole meeting, you bloody fool!" England sat up straighter, peering at France.

"Non, you simply made a big deal about it. I just wanted to hold your hand, that's all."

"But of all times, in the middle of a meeting?!"

"Mon cher, I often find myself wanting to hold your hand."

England frowned and curled up again. He pouted, his face growing warm, knowing that France wanted to do that.

"Daww~~ England is pouting!" France patted the Brit's head twice, "does that mean he wants to hold my hand too?~~"

England tightened himself slightly as he fixed his gaze on something further away from France.

A few moments of silence passed, but England spoke, his voice muffled by his clothes.

"Hm? What was that?"

"I said, I wa...."

"Angleterre, please, I can't hear you."

England raised his head slightly, "ISAIDIWANTTOHOLDYOURHANDOKAY?!?" He quickly spoke, his voice raised a tiny bit.

"...Look at me."

"Angleterre."

England responded to his name, hesitantly lifting his head - most likely a shade of scarlet - and obeyed - looking at France, who smiled, holding out his own hand. England stared down at it for a few seconds (although to him it felt like years) before slowly shifting his arm and placing his hand in the others.

"Your hand is smaller than I thought," France chuckled, gently lacing his fingers around the Brit's.

"What does that suggest?!"

"Nothing, mon cher. Nothing at all."

He wouldn't admit it, but England enjoyed holding France's hand.

Just not in front of everyone.