9

I FEEL LIKE I GOT A SHITTON OF THIS LIKE, WRONG??? I TRIED--
(I literally had no clue as to what to write or anything so i just winged it i apologize 😳)

"Allistor gEt OFF ME!" Arthur shrieked, being pushed and pulled around by his older brother.

"Why should I? I mean, your ears are weird, why can't I take them off??" Allistor had one of his arms wrapped tightly around the smaller, his other hand pulling and inspecting Arthur's floppy ears.

"It's not my fault I'm a rabbit and you're a fox!" Arthur squirmed, attempting to get out of Allistors grasp.

"Shame Dylan and Connor aren't here, they'd be a huge help." The older teased.

After countless attempts of trying to get away, Arthur groaned.

He suddenly felt Allistors grasp cease, and looked to see that he had been forced off of him. His eyes widened slightly to see another with fox features was scolding Allistor.

Arthur had never seen his... brother so startled. The other fox chased him off before coming closer to him, inspecting his features.

"You good?"

"What?"

"Are. You. Okay?" He repeated.

"Oh- yeah, he's my brother I'm used to it," he wasn't. After countless years of his brothers teasing him and such he still wasn't used to it.

The strangers blue eyes filled with confusion. "...A rabbit... brothers... with a fox?"

"Three foxes, actually."

"Three??" He looked startled. "Oh, I'm Francis by the way."

"Yeah, three..." Arthur awkwardly rubbed his neck. "...Arthur, um, thanks for stopping my brother," he mumbled the last part.

"It's fine," Francis shrugged it off. "So tell me, how do you - a rabbit - keep up with three brothers, who are all foxes?" He seemed intrigued to know what Arthur's lifestyle was like.

"Well..." he started. "It's not fun, especially since they're all older than me. They're all really strong compared to me," He remembered earlier how Allistor was pulling on his ears, and rubbed them gently. "I think that they're stronger than they realise, but I don't know."

"How often do they pick on you?"

"Near enough every day... Allistor's the worst," Arthur looked down, sighing.

"Dieu..." Francis looked at Arthur's ears. "I heard him say something about your ears... and that they were weird?" He reached over and poked one. It was really soft. (No we don't do the, "dOnt toUcH mY eArS/tAIl oR iLl gEt hoRnY!1!11" thing here. just no.)

Arthur was ready to pull away but stopped when he realised Francis was being gentle.

"They're so floppy and cute..." he ruffled Arthur's hair and smiled.

"...Can I stroke yours?" His voice was quiet as he asked, gently pulling away from Francis's hand.

"Hm?"

"...Your ears, can I-?"

"Oh. Of course," Francis smiled softly and bent down a little bit so Arthur could reach them easier. Arthur was hesitant, but slowly reached out and was gentle as he scratched behind Francis's ears. He seemed mesmerized by them.

Francis chuckled. "You like them, huh?"

A simple nod was all he got as a response. Arthur pulled away, questioning the other. "My brother... how did you get him off?"

"I yanked him backwards. He fell right over," Francis simply explained. "I guess you didn't hear me, I was really quiet."

Arthur nodded again. He figured that Francis was quite strong, to be able to single-handedly pull Allistor off him.

Then he heard all-too-familiar voices. He sighed.

Francis looked up too. But by the time he had, all three of Arthur's brothers were behind Arthur, peering down at the two.

"What're you doing with our little brother?"

"Dylan, he's not doing anythi-"

Arthur was cut off when Allistor took him into his grasp... again.

"Allistor?! Please, I-"

Francis threatened him. "Let him go, or I'll punch your face in!"

"Stop squirming." He tightened his grip around Arthur, who yelped. He didn't listen to the threat. "It's one against three, do you really think-"

Francis quickly moved, managing to knock the three over. "Yes, I do think. Leave him the fuck alone." He gently pulled Arthur close to him as he watched his brothers stumble away.

Arthur rubbed his now sore neck with one hand as the other clung onto Francis, who cooed him.

"Thank you, for um... just now," Arthur mumbled, gently leaning against the other.

"It's nothing, really. They shouldn't be picking on you in the first place," Francis ruffled Arthur's hair again, smiling.

Every time Arthur's brothers went to pick on him after that day, Francis was there to protect him and fend them off.

They wouldn't admit it, but Francis scared them.

(I AM LITERALLY TERRIFIED TO PUBLISH THIS I'M NOT GOOD???? I FEEL LIKE IT WASNT WHAT YOU PICTURED IM GONNA COMMIT DEATHPACITO,,, this is so bad im so sorry i know literally nothing about the sort of animal side of things)