16

"Arthur?"

"Arthurrrr!!"

"Mon dieu Arthur where are you?!"

You see, Francis had been looking for Arthur for a while. He had woken up and he wasn't there next to him, and for the past few minutes had been looking around trying to find him.

Then it hit him where he could be.

The Frenchman raced down the stairs to the basement and opened the door.

It was quiet.. maybe he wasn't here after all?

But there was a small light coming from somewhere..

In he went, peering behind the wall.

There he was.

Sat at the old desk that was there, wrapped in a cloak sort of thing.

Francis went over to the table. "Arthur? I thought I told you to come to bed last night.."

The Brit didn't look up from the book that was laid open in front of him. "I know, I know Francis, but, you see, I've almost nailed this spell I'm sure of it!"

"You said that last night too."

Arthur raised his head. He looked worn out. "I- ah.. I'm sorry Francis. I promise it'll be worth it."

Francis hummed before sighing quietly. "Alright.. I'll bring down something for you." He ruffled the other's hair before leaving and going back up the stairs.

"This is so stupidly simple..." Arthur muttered under his breath while reading the spell for the umpteenth time. "Why can't I get it right..?"

By this point Francis was wondering what sort of spell Arthur was trying to perfect. He didn't really get a good look on whatever was on the table though...

"YES!!"

The Frenchman gently smiled to himself as he made breakfast. Surely that meant the other had succeeded?

He then heard fast footsteps, running. Up from the basement, into the hall...

"Francis I did it!"

"What did you do, cher?" He turned around and saw the other right there, hands behind his back. A larger-than-normal smile was on his face.

What was Arthur holding, you may ask?

"..A flower?"

The Brit nodded. "You know the other day you bought a boquet? Well I noticed that they had started to wither and.. it took me all of the flowers before I got the spell to work but... um. I made it so it'll last a long time and I'm sorry the other flowers ended up getting ruined.." as he spoke he got quieter because he felt guilty for losing all of the other flowers and his smile faded. All of a sudden he wasn't as enthusiastic anymore.

Francis chuckled as he took the flower. "You didn't have to do that, Arthur!"

"You're not mad?"

"Why would I be mad?"

"I ruined the other flowers-"

"Oh don't be silly.. all flowers die eventually anyway." He tucked the flower behind the other's ear. "Come on. You should have something to eat and then go sleep somewhere."

another short one bc again i. have no motivation and i feel i need to post something 🤠🤠