9. GLIDING GLOOM.

Khushi and Payal were setting the table for lunch. Payal noticed Khushi lost in her own thoughts .

" Khushi ?" Payal called out . Khushi didn't respond .

" Khushi?!! " Payal shook her sister by her shoulder .

" What happened Jiji ? " Khushi asked her sister , returning to the present .

" Why were you lost Khushi ?" Payal asked her sister worried .

" Lost? Jiji ! I'm here only " Khushi replied not getting what her Jiji was implying .

" You were lost in thought Pagli . Did anything happen ? " Payal was getting tensed seeing her sister's indifference .

" Woh Jiji ! Arnavji ..... Dabba Service....register..." Khushi mumbled .

" What are you mumbling? "

" Offo Jiji ! Sit down ,I'll tell you ." Khushi said settling herself down in one of the chairs.

" Jiji, Arnavji asked me If I would like to register my Dabba service legally. " Khushi said frowning at the thought .

" Wow Khushi ! It's a great idea . You should do it." Payal said excitedly.

" Jiji ! Are you serious ? I mean, I just started it impromptu. I didn't think it through. But if I register it , it will become a legitimate business and that is a really huge responsibility . Will I be able to handle it ? " Khushi voiced out her doubts .

" Khushi , I understand. But , you are handling it so well already . There is no need to worry . " Payal reassured her sister.

" Who is worrying ? " asked a very concerned third voice.

" Di ! Good that you came . Arnavji wants Khushi to register her lunch service and she is worrying about it for no reason " Payal told Anjali as she helped her sit .

" Payalji is right . What is there to worry in this ? You do this with you heart and soul Khushiji , and if you register it will be a huge benefit . It will also make you feel independent . Don't worry so much Khushiji. We all stand by you in this ."

" But, Di..." Khushi started.

" No ifs and buts Khushi! Di is absolutely right. Anyway, this isn't new to you. You have managed Babuji's shop from a very young age, think of it like that. There should be nothing stopping you from doing this. " Payal cut her off .

Khushi didn't protest further. Both her Jiji and Di were right. Maybe, her ego refrained her from getting help from Laad Governor.

"Maybe, I'm overthinking " confessed Khushi. The little that she'd made from only the few days of this venture actually helped her fund her Babuji's treatment. She might be even to get back their mortgaged shop, she thought .

**************************************

Arnav leaned back on the recliner,tired after completing back to back video conferences. The lack of proper sleep for the past three nights, was beginning to take a toll on him. But, his mind wouldn't stop thinking about his lady love. He hadn't missed the daggers of words that she'd kept throwing on him. He knew she hadn't done it purposefully, it was her hurt that had spoken them. He sighed getting up .

He opened his closet, and took a small box out of it . It carried three miniscule pearls in it. He had tried throwing them on various occasions , but he just couldn't . They symbolized their first meet and so they meant so much to him. He then dug more deep into his closet took out a small folder. It had her pictures from the calender photoshoot. He had not released them. It was the first time he'd felt his heart beat in years and he wanted to keep that moment to himself. These things reminded him of her place in his life . He was going to make it permanent in every way possible. THE WILL his heart screamed. Of course , she has a right on everything I own he thought . His hand immediately reached for his phone .