24. DREADED DISCLOSURES.

Seven more days had gone down the lane. Arnav had been working from home. As for Khushi, Shukla had been handling her work. Anjali had her ups and downs and Khushi had lent her utmost support to both her and her brother. Payal on the other hand was the one, who'd stood with Nani and Mami when they hit their lows. Aakash and Mama handled work and saw to that nothing serious cropped up that required Arnav's attention. NK had been gracious enough to escort Babuji and the Guptas to the hospital for his treatment. He'd also tried his best to lighten up the gloomy atmosphere.

As for the so called 'son-in-law' of the house, he was still under hiding. According to NK, who'd spent the most part of the day with him before he mysteriously took off, Shyam had been receiving call after call which he'd kept ignoring.

But, what surprised the Raizadas more, was how Anjali acted as if Shyam didn't exist for her. They knew that the reason for the unfortunate event was because Anjali wanted to know where the hell, Shyam had been heading to without breathing a word about it to anyone. Despite all this, the fact that Anjali was holding up better than they thought she would, was the silver lining.

The day had as usual begun with the morning prayer. After over a week, all of the Raizadas had sat together for breakfast too. Anjali had insisted that she would feel better, if they started behaving normally again. Her wish had been fulfilled and in return Mami had ordered her to go rest for the day. Anjali had no choice but to comply. The loss she'd suffered was huge, and she the felt void inside, but the solace her family was providing her, gave her resilience.

Once, Anjali had settled herself in her room, Nani summoned Arnav and Khushi.

"Nani, you had called us." Arnav said, as he and Khushi entered her room.

"Haan Chhote! Both of you come here." Nani said, gesturing them to take seat.

"Chhote, Khushi Bitiya, I want to tell you children something."

"Ji Naniji."

"Bitiya.. I know that what happened was very unfortunate and that all of us are affected because of it. But, as they say, we can't keep holding on to it. All of us have are compromising on our duties, to care for Anjali Bitiya. It's good that she is also slowly coming out of this tragedy because of it. But Bitiya, you and Payal Bitiya have a sick father at home and because of all this you are not able to give time for him. I feel that, today you should go visit your people at Lakshmi nagar. What do you say Chhote?"

"You are right Nani. Infact, even I didn't get to meet them after coming back from London. I'll take Khushi and Payal to Buaji's." Arnav completed.

"That would be great Chhote. Both of you get ready then. I will also ask Payal Bitiya." said Nani, smiling a little.

"Okay Nani." said Arnav. Though hesitant, Khushi agreed.

The two of them then left to prepare for their visit to Lakshmi Nagar.

*****

Payal was to join later with Aakash, leaving Arnav and Khushi to head first to Buaji's house.

On the way, they had to take a reroute. A familiar temple caught Khushi's eye. A small smile immediately found her lips.

"What happened?" Asked Arnav, who had seen it through his rearview mirror.

"Nothing. This Mandir." she pointed, as they pulled over for a red signal

"You want to go?"

Khushi nodded in negative. "It's just that I have a beautiful memory associated with it."

"And what's that memory?" He asked, firing the car again.