Avoiding Hell

Me and Jungkook were walking to his place after class. The last few visits I payed to the Jeons didn't always end so well, that being Jungkook and his mother always yelling at each other whilst I would go and comfort his sisters.

"Jungkook what are you doing—."

"Relax no one is home" he smiles before pulling me down the hall.

"Jungkook calm down" I chuckle whilst stumbling into the kitchen with him, squirming as he attacks my neck with playful kisses.

"Eh hm" a female cough is heard before I'm being stared down at by Mrs Jeon. Jungkook instantly steps away from me all flustered. "M-mom ..y-you're home"

"You seem disappointed" she folds up her magazine before taking her coffee mug to the sink. "Violet..it's good to see you again"

"You too" I speak without smiling. Honestly there was no point in me hiding my feelings towards the woman. I didn't like her. She definitely didn't like me. Simples.

"What have you two got planned then for the afternoon ?" She asks bluntly, her eyes full of disgust as she scans me up and down like I'm some witch stealing her son.

Jungkook turns to look at me, nodding for us to go upstairs.

"Jeon Jungkook do not ignore me !"

I feel bad for anyone who was in this house. Because shit was ready to hit the fan. I can sense Jungkook ready to blow as I take hold of his hand. "Just breathe baby—."

"What is she whispering to you !?"

"Nothing that concerns you" the boy scowls.

"Everything about you Jungkook should concern me ! I'm your mother yet I have no idea what goes on in your life anymore !"

"You don't need to know everything mother because I'm allowed privacy !!"

Mrs Jeon lets out a shuddered breath, her eyes welling up with tears and I instantly eye roll. Anything to make Jungkook feel sorry for her, she would do, whether it was crying or making dramatic hand gestures. "You know if you were still with Bomi ..I doubt you would be acting like this"

Oh the audacity

"Like what ?! Like my self ? Because that's what I'm doing Mom—."

"What you're doing is being an ungrateful son whose constantly upsetting his mother ! Jungkook you used to be so sweet and I was always your number one priority—."

"Okay okay enough" Mr Jeon suddenly enters into the kitchen. "I'm putting a stop to this. Violet is here" he gestures a hand towards me before looking at Mrs Jeon. "Honey I want you to apologize for making our guest uncomfortable"

Mrs Jeon sulkily crosses her arms before looking away, not muttering a single word to me. Honestly she's so childish it amuses me, and no doubt Jungkook thinks the same due the sarcastic laugh that leaves his mouth.

"We're leaving" he takes hold of my hand.

"Son don't go—."

"No dad. If she thinks I'm staying in this house for another second then she's wrong. I'm going to Violets for the night, and I'll come back when I feel like it—."

"YOU WILL NOT STEP FOOT OUT OF THAT DOOR YOUNG MAN !" Mrs Jeon snaps with a pointed finger.

"Come on dear just calm down—."

"No ! No look !" Mrs Jeon cuts her husband short before grabbing his hands. "Can't you see how much he has changed ?! He's no longer our sweet little boy—."

"Because I'm growing up mom !"

Mrs Jeon shuts her eyes and lets a tear roll down her cheek. She then accepts a hug from her husband, who then nods for me and Jungkook to leave. Mr Jeon was more understanding of Jungkook and never treated him differently despite his new look or social popularity.

"Jungkook wait" I follow him down the hall.

"Yah what the hell is going on ?!" Soobin stops half way down the stairs before removing his headphones. "Has mom finished making dinner yet, I'm starving

"Ask her yourself" Jungkook mutters before barging past and heading upstairs, probably to pack some stuff for staying at mine tonight. I'm about to follow after him when I see Nia and Yuna, backpacks strapped over their shoulders and their hair caught up into what I assumed were attempted pony tails.

"Mommy is supposed to take us swimming" Nia tugs at Soobins sleeve, but he just walks away with his eyes glued to his phone. Typical teen.

"Oh. Hey V" Yuna smiles at me, squinting slightly from the pieces of hair that fell in her eyes. It was obvious that the girls had tried to get them selves ready for swimming, seeing as their mother was a little too occupied downstairs.

"Ok" I sigh and take hold of both of their hands. "Your moms a little busy at the minute"

"Where are we going ?" Nia asks as I pull them upstairs.

"Well first we have to sort out those pony tails of yours" I say and take them to their bedroom, sitting Nia on my lap before I gently comb through her hair.

"Where is Jungkook ?" Yuna asks, about to leave the room.

"Having a moment" I sigh. "Best leave him for a while"

"Whose taking us swimming ?" Nia turns her head to look at me, and I slowly turn her to face the front again, catching her hair up into a neat little bun.

"Your mother still will don't worry"

"Is Jungkook staying at yours tonight ?"

"Think so"

"Are you two doing sex ?" Yuna asks, causing Nia to burst out into giggles.

"Where the hell did that come from !?"
I ask shocked.

"We've been on his phone" Yuna speaks before tilting her head. "You two must be doing sex if you send each other photos like that—."

"—Okay. Well. You're all done now Nia, Yuna get over here" I gesture before she hops onto my lap. "And please never bring up those photos to your brother" I mutter into her ear. She cups her mouth and giggles as I catch her hair up. Something about that little girl laughter makes my heart twinge, turning me a little soft inside. Plus, I've never had so much fun doing other people's hair before, and I find my self taking extra care to be gentle with the both of them.

"Violet ?" I hear Jungkook call for me.

"In here"

He enters into the room with his backpack on, his brows furrowing at me. "What are you guys doing—."

"Girls ??" Mrs Jeon calls out from the hallway. "Girls come on you need to get ready for swim—." She pauses when entering the room.

"V is doing our hair mommy" Yuna beams with a smile, her face scrunching slightly as I slide a hair grip in, making sure no pieces of hair slipped out from the neat bun I had made.

"Oh .." the woman speaks before wiping the excess tears from her cheek. "Thankyou Violet" she says with zero emotion, but i'll always appreciate her thanks over her judgment any day.

"It's okay. Anyway they're done now" I say.

"Yipeee" Yuna beams before jumping off of me. "Thanks unnie"

"Good. Can we leave now ?" Jungkook asks before pulling me close, his big doe eyes staring into mine. "I just wanna get out of here"

I lightly smile and nod, allowing him to pull me out and down the stairs, neither of us saying goodbye to his mother.