CHAPTER THREE

2 Weeks Later 

Your POV

Today is just a normal day like always when everyone heard the fire alarm go off. Everyone started to rush out the doors, during when all this is happening I was in the bathroom. When I tried to open the door multiple times it wouldn't open, I then smelled smoke in the bathroom. I then started to punch the door, I then got the idea to crawl over the door since the bottom was too small and I wouldn't be able to fit through. Once I finally got out of the bathroom all I could see was smoke and fire, 'So it wasn't a drill..' I think to myself, "Hello!?" I yell looking around for help. 

No answer. "Please! Is anyone there?!" I yell squinting trying to not breath in the smoke. I suddenly see a pink flash and I am suddenly off the ground, but still moving? I try and look at what was carrying me but there was too much smoke. I then suddenly started coughing badly, I then blacked out.

\\ Time skip by a tsundere grandpa //

I hear a lot of talking and when I open my eyes my vision is slightly blurred, but I can see something pink, and skin colored blobs. I rub my eyes and see Kokomi, Saiki, Mrs.Teruhashi, and a woman. "W-What happened..?" I say sitting up and rubbing my head to then see bandages around my hands, "You're awake!" Mrs.T says with a bright smile and tears in her eyes. I try to smile the best I can but my whole body is sore. I then see Saiki with a half smile, he isn't one to smile so it was nice to see him smiling. I haven't become really close with him but I see him every once and a while because Nendou drags him pretty much everywhere. "How are you feeling f/n, you took in a good amount of smoke." The doctor said adjusting her glasses, I then remember what happened. I then remember the pink flash and it matches up with Saiki's hair color, I glace over to Saiki but when I do he was looking out the window, 'How..' I think to myself. 

The doctor then asks me a few more questions and I answer them all truthfully. "Thank you, I will be back in an hour." She says walking away staring at her notes she took. I nod and Mrs.Teruhashi says, "I have to go back to work honey, but call me if anything happens." I nod and manage to smile, "Try and feel better f/n! I'm sorry I couldn't have helped you..!" Kokomi says bowing, "I-It's alright Kokomi, it's not like you can run through fire and not be harmed." I say, she just smiles brightly and leaves the room. Leaving Saiki and I alone, "Can I ask you something Saiki..?" I say looking down at my bandaged hands, "Yeah." He answers now looking at me, "Was it you saved me..?" 

He didn't seem shocked like I expected, he just shook his head and looked away out the window again, "O-Oh okay, it's just I saw a pink flash and it looked exactly like your hair color.." I say cutting myself off imaging how absurd that actually sounds, "N-Never mind, I just realized how dumb I sound right now.." I finish feeling my eyes water, 'W-Why am I crying?' I thought then seeing Saiki head turn to me and hear him sigh, "Don't cry."He says, "O-Oh sorry." I say quickly wiping my eyes, "Don't apologize, I just don't enjoy seeing people cry." He says fixing his posture.

I then look over to him with a smile, "Oh really I thought you were a stone cold wall and nothing bothered you." I say with a grin, he just rolls his eyes, "Just because I can be cold doesn't mean I don't have a heart f/n." He answers, I just giggle at his bluntness which causes a smile to appear on his face, "Woah didn't know you knew how to smile strawberry." I say then his smile fades to his normal expression, "Wait I was joking! I really like your smile!" I say waving my hands up, "It's not that, what's with the nickname?" He says staring into my eyes, I then turn a light pink realizing I called him 'Strawberry', "O-Oh I don't know, I just thought it was fitting because, uhm.. Your hair is pink.?" I say lying through my teeth, I actually came up with it because most people think strawberries are bitter when they are actually really sweet once you give them a try. Saiki looks a bit shocked and just nods breaking eye contact with me. 

He then gets up, bows and says, "See you at school." He then exits my hospital room waving but not looking back at me, "Cya Saiki.." I say to myself quietly. 

(Words: 820)