XXXV: mama and papa

"Turn left then park outside of that blue house," I direct Yoongi. 

The car slows down and parks in front of a blue house. My childhood home. I dance in my seat as Yoongi puts the car in park and unbuckles his seat belt. He exhales lightly and turns to me. 

"I'm scared," He sheepishly admits, flashing a nervous gummy smile. 

"You'll be fine, my love," I reassure, leaning over the console and kissing his pouted lips, "I've told her about you and Chunnie. She's excited to meet you." 

Yoongi relaxes a bit but his shoulders remain stiff, the way they always are when he's stressed out or anxious. 

I look out the window and see my parent standing at the doorway, waving excitedly. 

"Ready to meet Mama and Papa, Chunnie?" I ask, turning to see the 6 year old waving excitedly to the people at the door. 

I chuckle and give Yoongi a reassuring smile before climbing out of the car. I wave to my parents as they walk over to the car. I open Chunhei's door and help her get out. She stretches her legs and arms before running over to my parents and hugging them. 

"Oh! Hello, sweet girl," My mother laughs, leaning down and hugging Chunhei back. 

My dad laughs at Chunhei's loving advances and grins widely as she jumps into his waiting arms. 

"Is this the Min Chunhei I've been hearing about?" He jokes, playfully tickling her. 

Ever since Yoongi and I got together, I told my parents about everything. Before I moved out, I had made it clear that my goal was to teach and make a living. Nothing else. They, on the other hand, encouraged me to find a partner. Growing up without siblings, I had believed that the best way to live life was by myself. My parents had warned me about the loneliness it would bring. 

When they heard that I had found someone, they were ecstatic. I was a little bit nervous about telling them about Chunhei because I wasn't sure how they would feel about a child, let alone one that wasn't biologically mine. To my surprise, they were over the moon. They had waited years for grandchildren and were excited to finally have a little girl to spoil. It didn't matter that she wasn't biologically mine, as long as I was a good mother to her. 

"Where's Yoongi?" My mother asks, looking around. 

"Coming!" Yoongi locks the car and jogs over, standing in front of them and bowing. 

"No need for that, son!" My dad speaks, putting Chunhei down and pulling Yoongi into a hug, "With the way YN talks about you, you're family now."

Yoongi's shoulders visibly relax as he hugs my father back and walks over to my mother to give her a hug. 

"Let's head inside! You three must be hungry," My mother laughs, leading us inside. 

"We'll bring in the bags later, Yoongi, don't worry," My father reassures. 

We head inside and see a full breakfast spread out on the table. 

"We didn't know what you guys wanted," My mum sheepishly says, leading us to the dining table, "So we just got everything." 

"Mrs. Lee, this is too much," Yoongi fusses before getting cut off.

"Ew, Mrs. Lee," She makes a disgusted face, "Yoongi-ah, call me Mama. You're basically my son already."

Yoongi blushes as she winks at him. 

"And you better not call me sir," My dad playfully threatens, "Papa sounds better, doesn't it, little flower?"