Chapter 24

A small ferry is cruising through the ocean. The head of a large sea lion emerges from the water and the creatures are pulling the boat. Azula is leaning her back against a railing with her arms crossed and Ty Lee is looking out in front of them.

"I'm so excited to spend the weekend on Ember Island. It's going to be great to hang out on the beach and do nothing" Ty Lee places her hands behind her head in a relaxed position.

"Doing nothing is a waste of time" Zuko rises from his seat next to Mai "We're being sent away on a forced vacation" he walks over and grips the railing of the boat "I feel like a child"

Kira stands up and walks over to him, wrapping her arms around his right arm.

"Lighten up. So Dad wants to meet with his advisers alone, without anyone else around. Don't take it personally" Azula scolds "besides he thought it would be nice to send you and your new wife on a honeymoon"

"it's not a honeymoon with you around Azula" Zuko says annoyed, he rubs Kira's head

"Doesn't your family have a house on Ember Island?" Ty Lee wonders

Azula turns her head toward Ty Lee; nostalgically "We used to come every summer when we were kids, Kira came along too ever since she arrived at the palace"

"It was a lot of fun" Kira smiled "Me and Zuko used to build castles together"

Zuko's smile diminishes a bit "That was a long time ago"

The boat enters the dock, Lo and Li stand there waiting for their arrival. 

Lo and Li smile "Welcome to Ember Island, kids"

The group go into the house owned by their family.

"It smells like old lady in here" Zuko whispers

"Gee, I wonder why" Mai says sarcastically

Ty Lee lies down on the bed "Ooh, I love the seashell bedspread" She rubs the pillow admiringly

"Are you serious? It looks like the beach threw up all over it" Mai complains

Lo and Li stand to the left of Zuko, Kira, Mai, and Azula "We know you're upset that you were forced to come here this weekend"

"But Ember Island is a magical place. Keep an open mind."

"Give it a chance"

"And it can help you understand yourselves and each other"

"The beach has a special way..."

"... of smoothing even the most ragged edges"

Ty Lee joins them and Azula yawns

Lo and Li clap twice "Time to hit the beach!"

They tear off their robes to reveal that they are wearing loosely-fitting bathing suits. Kira covers Zuko's eyes from the sight. Zuko, Mai, Ty Lee, and Azula are walking on the beach. Azula is carrying a blanket and Ty Lee is carrying a bag. Azula steps on a sandcastle that was being built by two kids. Azula looks down at them intimidatingly, the boys run away screaming. Azula kicks a bucket out of the way.

"Was that necessary?" Zuko asks

 "of course" Azula replies then looks at him "and where is your wife?"

"Kira was having trouble with her bathing suite so she told us to go ahead" Zuko told her

Ty Lee is approached by a boy.

"Hey, you need some help unpacking?" He asks her

"Sure. Thanks" She hands him her bag, the sheer weight causes him to fall over.