Chapter 7: Dinner

'Grandma,' I muttered as I inspected the dress the two face bitch gave me. I officially despise her. I sigh looking at the dress with no hope.

This is the 21st century and yet the witch gave me a dress that someone wore in the 18th century for bedtime reading. I curse that woman. How dare she give me this? Claire knows how to pay back gratitude.

I shook my head in disappointment and threw the dress back on the bed. I open the door to my assigned room and peek outside to see if anyone in this pack passes by. Unfortunately, there is no one. 

I let out another sigh and slam the door. I walk back to the bed and lay down on it, watching the white-grey color ceiling. 

Someone knocks on my door, ignoring it I turn to the other side of the bed and wish for whoever is outside to get lost. I heard the door creak open and then a footstep. Oh my, can't he/she see that I am not in the mood. 

"I want scissors" I demanded to whoever is in the room and turn on my back, facing the ceiling again.

"For?" the intruder asks.

Okay, that isn't a female's voice. Sitting up straight I see Lucian leaning towards the door, watching me. 

Picking up the dress I throw it to him which he catches with his hands and inspects. The bastard laughs at it like it was the funniest thing he had ever seen in this world.

"Are you kidding me?" I say with a jaw drop and he laughs.

"Scissors Beta Lucian" I demand like a child and he stopped

"Okay fine I'll bring you something else," he said while holding his laughter. He exited the room and I stay on the bed.

I waited for almost an hour before I heard footsteps again. Lucian came inside and hand's me a pair of jeans and a sweater. "Thanks, Beta," I said before dismissing him immediately.

When it was time for dinner I began to feel nervous and worried at the same time. I mean I don't know how to make conversation with them, especially with total strangers. 

Eliz laughs in my head saying, 'I bet you'll be this goofy weird alien.' I roll my eyes at her before making my way downstairs and I took my time pretty well.

Everyone's head turns in my direction. My eyes landed on an empty seat beside Lucian so I went and sat beside him. Alpha Eric and Claire came in later and so our amazing dinner of the century began.

Everything went smoothly and okay until the witch decided to speak which ruin my mood.

"Oh Elle, I see you haven't met your mate," she says innocently as her fork digs into her food.

'You stole him' Eliz retorts back in my head. I awkwardly smile at Claire who put on a good act. Eric coughs almost choking on his food. All eyes were settling on me again.

"Yes, indeed I haven't" I replied and tried to act decent. 'Don't lose it' I keep repeating to myself and Eliz.

"Oh poor thing," she said in despair. 

I cringe at those words. How dare she call me a thing. 'The nerve of that woman,' growls Eliz.

"I'm sorry if only I knew but I hope you can find him here," added.

'He's beside you, idiot' Eliz's rambling none stops. My wolf wanted to rip Claire and her wolf apart and I am having a hard time controlling her.

"Oh well, I guess girls like you are unlucky to have one...but hey don't forget that there are other unmated wolves around," she said taking a sip of her wine then gave me a fake smile.

 Right then Eliz is resurfacing. She hated the fact that Claire is mocking us in front of her mate. She is a prideful one. 'Don't lose it' I muttered and tighten my hold around the fork. Eliz still pushing our barrier to take full control.

'SHUT IT,' she growls loudly making me lose control of her. 

Everyone around the table turn to me and went into a protective stance. My legs kick the chair back and Eliz growl at them in return.

"Move and I'll kill you all. Mock me you ungrateful mates-wrecker and I won't hesitate to kill you" she threatened Claire and everyone at the dinner.

Eric watches me intently without saying anything. 

My eyes turned from silver to blue and my hands gripped the edge of the table. When I finally won over our control I quickly apologized to everyone around the table and went out of the house and run into the woods.

~~~

I settle under a tree, calming myself. 

"Eliz" she doesn't respond. 'Eliz, are you alright?" I ask her and she whimpers and sadly shook her head no. 

Tears escape my eyes. "I know you're hurt but we can't let your pride kill us" I said. "I am very sorry Eliz," I added.

"Thinking of ways to escape?" a voice interrupts me and I turn to find Lucian leaning against another tree, watching me. I ignore him while closing my eyes.

"Leave me alone," I told him.

"You know we could have to kill you tonight if it wasn't for the Alpha," he said folding his arms. "Isn't that interesting" he continues saying and I don't respond.

I was hoping he would leave me in peace but still, he just stood there watching me. Finding it annoying I stood up and went back to the packhouse tracing my way back. Lucian follows after me.

 I was to enter my room when he held my arms back in a tight grip. "A little warning, don't you dare do that again or-" 

"Your warning means nothing. I am my person so don't beta it's not gentlemanly of you to do that." I cut him off before he finishes and then I push his hands away.

"Besides if the Alpha knows this I wonder what he'll do since his so-called Beta is willing to defy his decision," I said and slam the door in his face.