Chapter 32: Feelings

"And we're done," I say as I slump back on the bed, feeling exhausted from packing my clothes. 

'Elle I need to run'  Eliz said as she began to jump around in excitement. I close my eyes, pretending to be sleeping. "Please, don't sleep Elle. I want to run. Don't you miss it," she said in a pleading voice. 

I know that I am not winning against her. So it is better to do what she wants to do. 'Then you're lucky, I still got enough energy left,' I said, standing up to go.

As much as I wanted to rush out but first, we have to make sure that the coast was clear as I don't want to crash into anyone especially Claire, Jea, and Eric. When I don't smell any lingering scent in the hallway or see any sign of anybody. 

"1, 2, 3" I counted before I sprint, slamming the door of our room and running downstairs as fast as I can. We closed the front door and sped away from the pack-house using my werewolf speed.

When I made it to the woods, I check our surrounding to see if there was anyone following us. However, we're lucky enough that no one did. My bones start to crack which made me snarl and I shifted into my wolf form. I let Eliz take control of our body and mind while I sit back and watch her. 

I smile as I watch her bounce around like a pup. She runs from one side to the other side, like a free wolf. 'Take it easy wolfie,' I told but she just poke her tongue out. "It's my turn human. NOw shut up and enjoy the ride," she deadpan and let out a howl.

"Show off" I scoffed at her but Eliz keeps wagging her tail.  

Eliz beams with excitement as she keeps running in the woods and I have no idea where she is taking us. She let out a wolf howl once we reached a waterfall, close to the border. Eliz then went into a quiet mode which I find a bit strange. 

"Eliz" 

She doesn't reply instead, she went and lay down by the rock near the water. Her ears peek up and her tail starts to wag on the ground. I swear there is something off about her. It's like she is waiting for someone.

"Eliz" I try again but she ignores me. 'The nerve of this wolf,' I scoffed. I hear something snap and I began to panic but Eliz relaxes as if she knew who is here to meet us.

"No, you di-"

A white wolf with black paws and a black nose jump from behind a tree. His aura is strong and I knew he is an Alpha. He howls in the sky before settling beside us. He nuzzles his head in Eliz's neck making her giggle. I couldn't control her actions toward her mate and my ex-mate. His golden eyes gazed into ours and that's when I knew that our wolves has planned for this.

Zhipa licks Eliz's face which made Eliz purr and bury her snout in Zhipa's neck. I wanted to scold her. However, seeing her looks so happy I decided not to intervene but let them have their moment. It's the least I could do for her.

They both set off running and playing around while I sit back and watch. I cry inside feeling bad for our wolves as they both look in love with one another. Yet our human side is conflicted with them. 

Eliz howls when she felt my emotions through our bond and before I stop myself from letting my emotion ruin her moment she shifted into our human form without a warning. She let me take control of our current situation and disappear from my mind. I stood stark naked in front of Eric as tears poured down my face.

His hand raised in the air as if he wants to wipe them away. However, he turns around and runs. I thought he has gone back to the pack -house but I was wrong. Eric returns and throws some clothes at me. I wanted to talk to him about our wolves yet Eric didn't stay for another second. He runs away leaving me there in the woods with clothes in my hand.

"It's time to go now," I said to Eliz after I changed into a shirt and basketball shorts. I run back to my room and found Aaron sitting on it with his head between his hands. He looks disheveled to me and I wonder what happened.

"Aaron?" 

His head lifted up and once he saw that it was me, he stood up from the bed, and within a second I was engulfed in his arms.

"I know you're not going back home," he said and I tried to push him off but his hold tightened around my waist.

"It would be nice if you could stay here just a week and I promise to let you go," he said before he pulls away. "Please Elle," he begs.

I moved away from him, embracing myself with my arms. I walk away from him and towards the window turning away and facing outside.

"I can't Aaron and I think you know why."

"Do you love Eric that much?" he asks with a shaking voice. 

I guess no one will ever understand me and my real feelings for Eric. They don't see that it's not about me but my poor wolf who loves her wolf-mate.

"I let Eric go the moment he left me there to die but my wolf Eliz is a different case." As I said those words I saw Eric's wolf from the window.

Eric shifted and then walked towards Claire who was waiting for him. He hugs her, then he glances to my window as if he knew all along that I am watching them. I didn't smile or spend my time staring down at him and his chosen mate. 

I turn back to face Aaron. 

"Any mate would leverage for revenge in every possible way," I said and close my eyes to suppress my tears from falling.

"I can't do it, Aaron. I'm not them and I'm too devastated to do that," I confessed, as tears drops on my cheeks.

Aaron seeing me cry, close the distance between us. He didn't give me a chance to speak or stop him. He wrapped me in his arms, pulling me close to his chest. "Shhh" he runs his hand on my back comforting me. He then slowly withdrew his arms and turns my face up to meet his gaze. 

"Remember I once told you we have to stop meeting like this," he said, wiping away a single tear from my eyes using his thumps. "I may seem a bit distant or we never really seem close to others but I want to confess something to you" he added while he caresses my cheek gently.

I feel the warmth of his touch on my skin.

"Elle from the moment I met you on my territory and throughout this whole month I came to realize one thing." He tilts up my chin, his eyes searching for something within me and I want o know what it is.

"I really, really like you" he confesses and takes me by surprise with his lips landing on mine. This kiss is different from Eric's one and I couldn't help the butterflies and knots in my stomach.

My legs felt like jelly and I think I'm going to black out anytime soon if he doesn't stop.

"Aaron." I push him away not violently but carefully so that he won't fall on his ass. I just want a bit of space between us. 

"I still need time," I told him and he smiles before he moves in again and this time he kisses my forehead.

"You have all the time in the world to search for your feelings, Elle. I won't force you," he said.

"Thank you."